Resource icon

Auto Hide Reported Posts by Iversia 1.0.1

No permission to download

Iversia

Iversia submitted a new resource:

Auto Hide Reported Posts by Iversia - Send reported content into moderation queue if it has reached the report threshold.

This add-on will send specific content types into the moderation queue if they have reached the report threshold. You define how many unique reports content gets before it is sent into the moderation queue.

If you like this add-on, please remember to vote for it and consider supporting my Patreon. Thanks!

Features
  • Admin defined report threshold (content needs x reports before being sent in for moderation)...

Read more about this resource...

Wow, great job!! I can't wait to test this! :)

One question regarding this: "Alerts user if their content has been sent into the moderation queue for review"

Is this a required item? Meaning, if we don't want the user to be notified, is there a way to disable this?

Is this a required item? Meaning, if we don't want the user to be notified, is there a way to disable this?
At the moment there isn't a way to disable the alert. I mostly wrote this for my own site and didn't want to deal with the slew of "where did my post go?" questions, hence the alert. It doesn't identify whoever reported the content though, and you can specify if you want a particular account to sent the alert.

At the moment there isn't a way to disable the alert. I mostly wrote this for my own site and didn't want to deal with the slew of "where did my post go?" questions, hence the alert. It doesn't identify whoever reported the content though, and you can specify if you want a particular account to sent the alert.

Does this work with 1.4.2, the moderation queue disappears.

@Wesker That's a neat idea. I made this mod mostly so that one of my sites could very nearly self-govern itself and there haven't been any problems with people abusing it. Newly registered accounts do not have the permission to report content on my site, so I haven't had an issue with new accounts spamming reports as well. Having more granular permissions might be nice though. :)

Nice idea :) So does that mean you want to add to the mod or I'm stuck with just an idea :(

Definitely do need something like this. Maybe you can make a Premium Version Mod?

Nice idea :) So does that mean you want to add to the mod or I'm stuck with just an idea :(

Definitely do need something like this. Maybe you can make a Premium Version Mod?
It mostly means I'm thinking about it. :P I would like to add it to the mod, but my development time for XenForo has been a little short lately. I'll try to get something for the XenForo 1.5 stable release though, as I'll be updating a few of my other add-ons around the same time.

@Iversia your addon is incompatible with anything which also extends XenForo_Model_Report.

Seems also to conflict with Auto Hide Reported Posts by Iversia ...

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method Iversia_HideReportedPosts_Extend_Model_Report::getReportCommentUserIds() - library/SV/ReportImprovements/XenForo/DataWriter/ReportComment.php:89
Generated : 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(42) "/reports/879/update"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/reports/879/update"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["report_state"] => string(8) "resolved"
    ["comment"] => string(0) ""
    ["save"] => string(13) "Update Report"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

... when updating a report
This is caused by the following:

Code:
class Iversia_HideReportedPosts_Extend_Model_Report extends XenForo_Model_Report
{

This should use the XF proxy system like so:

Code:
class Iversia_HideReportedPosts_Extend_Model_Report extends XFCP_Iversia_HideReportedPosts_Extend_Model_Report
{

And really should use event hints too. That way your listener doesn't need todo any in_array checks, it just adds the class to the be extended.

Thanks, @Xon. I've been aware of that for a while now (I wrote this add-on as a one off nearly a year ago). It'll be fixed whenever I get around to updating everything.

Reactions: Xon
Iversia updated Auto Hide Reported Posts by Iversia with a new update entry:

Fixed class extension and added group permission

This update fixes an issue with how the mod was originally incorrectly extending the moderation queue.

Additionally it adds a new permission in "Users > User Group Permissions" called "Reports contribute to auto-moderate threshold." If a user group has this permission, when they make a report, then their report will trigger the moderation reporting threshold count.

Please note that currently it will not disregard reports, so all people (regardless of permissions) who have submitted...

Read the rest of this update entry...

One more request. Have certain usergroups be able to report X amount of times before it goes into queue for review.

Example:

Active Members = 1 Report = Goes into Queue
Non Active Members = 3 Reports = Goes into Queue

I'm not on xF 1.5 yet so I can't comment on this but I would assume this wouldn't have any problems working in 1.5 based on the concept of what it does.

Thank you, shall give it a go on my development board when I set it up later and reply.

hey @Iversia ,

seems it isn´t working in xf1.5.2 - can you confirm that? Have it installed this morning, set the usergroups rights, treshold and forum where reports shall go. Everything works - except one thing: the post is still there.. Any hints?

@Sperber Can't confirm it at the moment, but are you having multiple people report the post? It'll only trigger if multiple unique reports are made based on the threshold. Additionally, moderators should still be able to see the post.

Top Bottom