1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

with no email alerts on reported posts, my forum moderation is now in shambles..

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by sross, Feb 27, 2016.

1. sross

sross Active Member

Hi,

Is there an add-on that will email on reported posts? The current system of a flag in the header might work for some forums but it's a disaster on mine. I have seen you can send reports to a forum, which I suppose I could then have my team 'watch' the forum, but this then gets rid of the moderating tool set for the reports? Open to suggestions, thanks.

2. wang

wang Well-Known Member

Hello,

Have a look at my add on. It looks like it fits your requirements.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/moderation-queue-and-reported-items-admin-notification.5046/

3. sross

sross Active Member

Thanks Wang, it is close but my mod team are not super admins.. I am perplexed why a reported post has no option in admincp to send an email. We used to be able to nuke problem posts within minutes, now that can go for an hour or more when a moderator is not on site and that in itself generates even more reports.

4. wang

wang Well-Known Member

The add on can be modified, with the email being sent to moderators too btw. Anyways, have a look at the Suggestion forums if a similiar suggestion has already been made. If it has, you can like it. If it has not, you can post one.

5. sross

sross Active Member

Might be my only option at this stage.

6. sross

sross Active Member

@Chris D and other xen devs.. Just a recent discussion from my 3 main moderators as moderation on my site has gone down hill without instant reported posts. We've often gone hours with disruptive threads tearing up the forum before anyone notices and by then the damage is done. Previously (on vbull 4.x) our reported posts were handled within minutes if not seconds:

mod1:

mod2:

mod3:

I know there is an addon above but this is not ideal, we need an instant notification so we can squash these bad posts.

7. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It is possible to send reports into a forum of your choosing. Your moderators would just need to "Watch" that forum thus they would then receive email notifications upon new reports being created.

In the Admin CP, use the search function to find: "reportIntoForumId".

8. sross

sross Active Member

I tested that but maybe I am missing something. When doing that it appeared the reported tools list is no longer available? That was a huge improvement so I felt I am torn between keeping the tools list or having all reports end up in a forum. I'll probably go to the forum method so we can get emails..

9. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's correct.

I can't recall email notifications for the Report Center coming up very often as a suggestion. I'm not sure if a suggestion thread exists already, if it doesn't, it might be worth creating it.

I just found this, though which may help:
    https://xenforo.com/community/resources/sonnb-report-alert.1738/

There may be others, this was just the first one I found.

10. David Bott

David Bott Member

You can just change the CRON to be like run every 5 mins.

11. sross

sross Active Member

At this point I switched reports to show up in a moderators discussion forum and had my moderators subscribe to the forum. This way it's instant.