with no email alerts on reported posts, my forum moderation is now in shambles..

sross

Hi,

Is there an add-on that will email on reported posts? The current system of a flag in the header might work for some forums but it's a disaster on mine. I have seen you can send reports to a forum, which I suppose I could then have my team 'watch' the forum, but this then gets rid of the moderating tool set for the reports? Open to suggestions, thanks.

Hi,

Is there an add-on that will email on reported posts? The current system of a flag in the header might work for some forums but it's a disaster on mine. I have seen you can send reports to a forum, which I suppose I could then have my team 'watch' the forum, but this then gets rid of the moderating tool set for the reports? Open to suggestions, thanks.

Hello,

Have a look at my add on. It looks like it fits your requirements.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/moderation-queue-and-reported-items-admin-notification.5046/

Thanks Wang, it is close but my mod team are not super admins.. I am perplexed why a reported post has no option in admincp to send an email. We used to be able to nuke problem posts within minutes, now that can go for an hour or more when a moderator is not on site and that in itself generates even more reports.

The add on can be modified, with the email being sent to moderators too btw. Anyways, have a look at the Suggestion forums if a similiar suggestion has already been made. If it has, you can like it. If it has not, you can post one.

The add on can be modified, with the email being sent to moderators too btw. Anyways, have a look at the Suggestion forums if a similiar suggestion has already been made. If it has, you can like it. If it has not, you can post one.
Might be my only option at this stage.

@Chris D and other xen devs.. Just a recent discussion from my 3 main moderators as moderation on my site has gone down hill without instant reported posts. We've often gone hours with disruptive threads tearing up the forum before anyone notices and by then the damage is done. Previously (on vbull 4.x) our reported posts were handled within minutes if not seconds:

mod1:

Still not getting email notifications of reported posts. When I used to, if it was something that needed immediate attention I would pop in and see if it had been dealt with. Now I only moderate when I drive by...

mod2:

I do find myself on less, because I'm not getting the e-mail notifications

mod3:

I could also use the notificatins. I'm definitely not checking in as much without them, just because I have other things that are pressing. With the e-mails, I could pop in whenever there was an issue.

I know there is an addon above but this is not ideal, we need an instant notification so we can squash these bad posts.

It is possible to send reports into a forum of your choosing. Your moderators would just need to "Watch" that forum thus they would then receive email notifications upon new reports being created.

In the Admin CP, use the search function to find: "reportIntoForumId".

I tested that but maybe I am missing something. When doing that it appeared the reported tools list is no longer available? That was a huge improvement so I felt I am torn between keeping the tools list or having all reports end up in a forum. I'll probably go to the forum method so we can get emails..

When doing that it appeared the reported tools list is no longer available?
That's correct.

I can't recall email notifications for the Report Center coming up very often as a suggestion. I'm not sure if a suggestion thread exists already, if it doesn't, it might be worth creating it.

I just found this, though which may help:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/sonnb-report-alert.1738/

There may be others, this was just the first one I found.

@Chris D and other xen devs.. Just a recent discussion from my 3 main moderators as moderation on my site has gone down hill without instant reported posts. We've often gone hours with disruptive threads tearing up the forum before anyone notices and by then the damage is done. Previously (on vbull 4.x) our reported posts were handled within minutes if not seconds:

mod1:

mod2:

mod3:

I know there is an addon above but this is not ideal, we need an instant notification so we can squash these bad posts.

You can just change the CRON to be like run every 5 mins.

At this point I switched reports to show up in a moderators discussion forum and had my moderators subscribe to the forum. This way it's instant.

That's correct.

I can't recall email notifications for the Report Center coming up very often as a suggestion. I'm not sure if a suggestion thread exists already, if it doesn't, it might be worth creating it.

I just found this, though which may help:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/sonnb-report-alert.1738/

There may be others, this was just the first one I found.
Yes but in this way, the moderators get notification about ALL the content created in that report forum. We have many category moderators. And each one of this moderator need to receive only the notification about content reported from theri category forums...
i see that there are many thread opened about this argument.

This is a basic asked function. i htink that it need to develop into Xenforo and not by external addon.

Previously (on vbull 4.x) our reported posts were handled within minutes if not seconds:
I didn't think vbulletin had a report centre. The ones I moderated all went to forum threads. This is way better as it stands at the moment.

I was moderating on a forum that used report centre, it was chaos (also because there are no notifications for other mod response to original report)
At this point I switched reports to show up in a moderators discussion forum and had my moderators subscribe to the forum. This way it's instant.
Yes, this is best solution sadly.

I do it slightly differently in that I give OP permissions to view their own threads on the report forum. That way the reporter can be party to the reporters' discussion and get instant feedback.

Yes, this is best solution sadly.
Remain the problem that, in this way, all moderator receive notification about ALL forum reports. And not only about the category he watching.
In a few words: a moderator of a little category receive thousends of email notification about all the other category too. We have 80/100 reports per day.

I do it slightly differently in that I give OP permissions to view their own threads on the report forum. That way the reporter can be party to the reporters' discussion and get instant feedback.
How do you do that? Set it up manually whenever there is a report made? Having the reporter have access to be part of the discussion would be a good idea.

Set it up manually whenever there is a report made?
No that would not be workable. As above. I just set the node permissions

view threads by others = no for registered group ( people can only view threads they create themselves)

view all threads = yes for mods.

View node = no for unregistered

Last edited:
Top Bottom