1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained Auto Hide Reported Posts by Iversia 1.0.1

Send reported content into moderation queue if it has reached the report threshold.

1. Iversia

Iversia Well-Known Member

Iversia submitted a new resource:

Auto Hide Reported Posts by Iversia - Send reported content into moderation queue if it has reached the report threshold.

Read more about this resource...

ProCom and dethfire like this.
  2. ProCom

ProCom Active Member

Wow, great job!! I can't wait to test this! :)

One question regarding this: "Alerts user if their content has been sent into the moderation queue for review"

Is this a required item? Meaning, if we don't want the user to be notified, is there a way to disable this?

3. Iversia

At the moment there isn't a way to disable the alert. I mostly wrote this for my own site and didn't want to deal with the slew of "where did my post go?" questions, hence the alert. It doesn't identify whoever reported the content though, and you can specify if you want a particular account to sent the alert.

4. eagle eyes

eagle eyes Active Member

Does this work with 1.4.2, the moderation queue disappears.

5. Iversia

@eagle eyes I believe it all still works. I don't think there have been too many major rewrites to the moderation queue.

6. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Anyway you can make this applicable by usergroup. Would hate to have every regular member just report everything taking it down.

Joe Link and Iversia like this.
  7. Iversia

@Wesker That's a neat idea. I made this mod mostly so that one of my sites could very nearly self-govern itself and there haven't been any problems with people abusing it. Newly registered accounts do not have the permission to report content on my site, so I haven't had an issue with new accounts spamming reports as well. Having more granular permissions might be nice though. :)

8. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Nice idea :) So does that mean you want to add to the mod or I'm stuck with just an idea :(

Definitely do need something like this. Maybe you can make a Premium Version Mod?

9. Iversia

It mostly means I'm thinking about it. :p I would like to add it to the mod, but my development time for XenForo has been a little short lately. I'll try to get something for the XenForo 1.5 stable release though, as I'll be updating a few of my other add-ons around the same time.

10. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

@Iversia your addon is incompatible with anything which also extends XenForo_Model_Report.

This is caused by the following:

Code:
    class Iversia_HideReportedPosts_Extend_Model_Report extends XenForo_Model_Report
    {

This should use the XF proxy system like so:

Code:
    class Iversia_HideReportedPosts_Extend_Model_Report extends XFCP_Iversia_HideReportedPosts_Extend_Model_Report
    {

And really should use event hints too. That way your listener doesn't need todo any in_array checks, it just adds the class to the be extended.

Mouth likes this.
  11. Iversia

Thanks, @Xon. I've been aware of that for a while now (I wrote this add-on as a one off nearly a year ago). It'll be fixed whenever I get around to updating everything.

Xon likes this.
  12. Iversia

Iversia updated Auto Hide Reported Posts by Iversia with a new update entry:

Fixed class extension and added group permission

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Great update.

Iversia likes this.
  14. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

One more request. Have certain usergroups be able to report X amount of times before it goes into queue for review.

Example:

Active Members = 1 Report = Goes into Queue
    Non Active Members = 3 Reports = Goes into Queue

15. Zynektic

Zynektic Well-Known Member

Are you using this fine with XF 1.5, Wesker? Cheers

16. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

I'm not on xF 1.5 yet so I can't comment on this but I would assume this wouldn't have any problems working in 1.5 based on the concept of what it does.

Zynektic likes this.
  17. Zynektic

Zynektic Well-Known Member

Thank you, shall give it a go on my development board when I set it up later and reply.

18. Sperber

Sperber Active Member

hey @Iversia ,

seems it isnĀ“t working in xf1.5.2 - can you confirm that? Have it installed this morning, set the usergroups rights, treshold and forum where reports shall go. Everything works - except one thing: the post is still there.. Any hints?

19. Iversia

@Sperber Can't confirm it at the moment, but are you having multiple people report the post? It'll only trigger if multiple unique reports are made based on the threshold. Additionally, moderators should still be able to see the post.

20. Sperber

Sperber Active Member

@Iversia
    We have set the treshold to 3 reports and tested it with 8 people. The post was and is still visible, even for non-admins/moderators.