Aurora - ThemesCorp.com [Deleted]

Nope all custom gets lost...kinda sucks

I'm upgrading and adding the tms template modification add-on so it kicks in the modifications no matter what version this is

Yea same here lots of mods....but this such a great theme well worth it...hoping tms will make this the last time I do mods to theme

I haven't seen this anywhere so I copied from Zipped Release:

Aurora 1.1.0.2:
- Updated the Aurora Master theme to support latest changes in xenForo 1.1.2

Aurora 1.1.0.2:
- Aurora Yellow child theme added!
- Added new functionality which allows to move the notices to the header
as well as specify the width in % for the logo and the notice wrappers.
- Fixed an issue with the sub-heading (padding).
- Fixed an issue with the not-read image and its positioning. Changed the image as well.
- Fixed the about baloon color to be configured from the theme About Balloon style property.
rather then using one of the preset colors.
- Fixed an issue with the main menu most left separator. Separator is now removed.
- Tab sub-links how have text shadow.
- User text and sub text (in the avatar) slightly modified for better looks.
- NOTE: All fluid versions will soon be removed. Tutorial will be provided how to make a
theme fluid from the theme style properties.

I love this theme and will continue to be a big fan-boy and promoter.

However my personal brutal and honest review of the 1.1.2.0 update is if you've made any customization's or changes. This update is too minor to implement at this time. Unless I've missed something it appears the next release will be worth waiting for.

I love this theme and will continue to be a big fan-boy and promoter.

However my personal brutal and honest review of the 1.1.2.0 update is if you've made any customization's or changes. This update is too minor to implement at this time. Unless I've missed something it appears the next release will be worth waiting for.

That will be correct. The 1.1.2.0 release was simply a push to the latest 1.1.2 xF release.

The time schedule these days I have to deal with has had an impact on the theme new "features". This is why it took much much more to release these update than it usually takes. Hopefully going forward this will change ... but I can't promise anything since as you know Aurora is 100% free theme and its support is solely based on the free time I can find ...

On that note I think I will wait for the major update too, I've had a lot of help making minor modifications to the theme, and I don't really want to go through all that again twice.

Thanks for updating though Akrion.

This will be a pain. I have done a lot of minor modifications in the theme. :(
In the future you can avoid most of this, by doing your customizations in a child theme of the one you install. And make it so the users only see the child theme.

This theme looks great in Chrome and Firefox, but it seems the header area is messed up in IE. I have only been able to test it in IE7 at present, but was just wondering if anyone can confirm compatibility with other browsers, and possible suggest a fix for the below?

aurora_ie7.webp

Thanks. :)

In the future you can avoid most of this, by doing your customizations in a child theme of the one you install. And make it so the users only see the child theme.
So if I install the Style as such:

Code:
Aurora
  - Aurora Blue
     - Aurora Blue custom

...you mean I should be able to update Aurora in future without losing any template modifications? And am I correct in thinking the update procedure would be:

- Upload all file via FTP
- ACP > Appearance > Styles > Click "Import a Style"
- Choose style-Aurora-Blue.xml
- Choose "Overwrite a Style:" and select "Aurora Blue"
- Click "Import"

If so, that would be brilliant, because at the moment I have to click on ACP > Appearance > Styles > Aurora Blue > Customized Settings, make a note/backup of any changes I have made, update the style, then re-apply the aforementioned customisations.

If it's possible to avoid all this simply by making a child of my chosen Aurora flavour, and updating the parent only then that would be brilliant! :)

So if I install the Style as such:

Aurora
- Aurora Blue
- Aurora Blue custom

...you mean I should be able to update Aurora in future without losing any template modifications? And am I correct in thinking the update procedure would be:

- Upload all file via FTP
- ACP > Appearance > Styles > Click "Import a Style"
- Choose style-Aurora-Blue.xml
- Choose "Overwrite a Style:" and select "Aurora Blue"
- Click "Import"

If so, that would be brilliant, because at the moment I have to click on ACP > Appearance > Styles > Aurora Blue > Customized Settings, make a note/backup of any changes I have made, update the style, then re-apply the aforementioned customisations.

If it's possible to avoid all this simply by making a child of my chosen Aurora flavour, and updating the parent only then that would be brilliant! :)
If you are customizing Aurora Blue, you would actually make it a child of Aurora Blue, that way it inherits everything above it. Xenforo whenever it loads a style property or template, it looks in the lowest child first then goes up the line to the highest parent.

Your update procedure looks correct :D

If you are customizing Aurora Blue, you would actually make it a child of Aurora Blue, that way it inherits everything above it. Xenforo whenever it loads a style property or template, it looks in the lowest child first then goes up the line to the highest parent.

Your update procedure looks correct :D
Yeah, sorry - when I wrote my post, I made it clear that my custom style was a child of Aurora Blue, but when it posted it moved the child back to make it look like it was a child of the main Aurora style. I have edited my post to show the correct structure.

But either way you answered my question; thanks, that will save a lot of hassle when updating in future!

Hi there,

I just purchased this skin. I have a couple of questions.

1) How do I move the search bar back to where it normally sits (above the user info block in the sidebar)
2) The breadcrumb shows me home>forums>something>something

Normally, it has a capitol letter in front of each word. So Home>Forums>Something>Something

Is there a way to change this back to how it normally is too?

Thanks.

The navigation uses images to give it the look it wants. Take the images out, do your edits and then create new images to suit. It took me a while to figure it out.

Top Bottom