• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Server issue  Attachment upload freezing at 100% using the Flash uploader

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
#1
Using the Flash uploader results in uploads freezing at 100%.

I tried with various file types; png, txt, jpg and it's the same for all.

The normal uploader works fine.
 

dmnkhhn

Active member
#3
Strange... I have a screenshot that I can't upload, others work just fine.

I think it's because of the size?! The one in question is 270 kb large, the one that works is only 123 kb large.
 

dutchbb

Well-known member
#4
Same problem...

upload_problem.png

As you can see, layout is also changed at 100%.

Additional info:
File: .jpg , 258KB

Browser: Safari 5.0.2
OS: OS X 10.6.4
 

Omri.L

Active member
#5
It happened for me too, but I talked with my host because I know they have mode_security on, and when they turned it off, the problem was fixed.
 

dutchbb

Well-known member
#6
It happened for me too, but I talked with my host because I know they have mode_security on, and when they turned it off, the problem was fixed.
Solved it indeed.

For others: create a .htaccess file in the root of your domain with the following content:
Code:
SecFilterEngine Off
@devs: right before the upload bar reaches 100%, the layout still looks bad (like in the screenshot of post #4).
 

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
#7
Many thanks Omri.L, that solved the problem :)

Mike still wants to do some more debugging on this issue so he wants to leave it here for now.
 

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
#10

ProCom

Well-known member
#13
**** FIXED *****

I recently moved hosting companies from one VPS to Linode. After the move everything was working fine, but I started having members complaining that some images were not uploading properly.

They would upload an attachment (image) and the progress bar would hit 100% and then nothing would happen.

After a bunch of researching, I changed the following settings for PHP and MySQL to match my previous VPS. I'm unfortunately not sure which one was successful in fixing the problem, but wanted to post here (and a few other related threads) to share that this worked for me!

pico /usr/local/lib/php.ini
memory_limit = from 32M to 158M


pico /etc/my.cnf
max_allowed_packet=268435456 to max_allowed_packet=64M
wait_timeout=10 to 45

(make sure to restart your services after you make the changes)