ActorMike

I've had a lot of success getting people to associate their accounts with Facebook/Twitter/Google. I'm just curious, are their any benefits to this from our perspective? I.E. SEO, or marketing, social media use etc?

I use the welcome email to direct people to connect their accounts with facebook/twitter/google to the account/external-accounts page and also add an avatar on the /account/avatar page.

As a result the number of people with avatars is a lot higher than before the welcome message.

Mike

I.E. SEO, or marketing, social media use etc?
SEO - No. Marketing - No. Social media - Obviously if they share, sure, otherwise, no.

From my experience, very few members or guests use the social sharing for threads, compared to views of any given thread. Obviously its good to have the option for users to share... all sharing is good for you at some level, but I wouldn't be putting my focus there for user generated sharing.

If anything, you want to be pushing all your content to your own social profiles across diverse networks... which will give far more exposure and benefit to your site than waiting for users to do it. Pushing your own content has both SEO and marketing aspects entwined... that benefit your site.

Top Bottom