Ashton Kutcher 'to replace Charlie Sheen in Two and a Half Men'

If you guys want a guaranteed laugh, I'd recommend watching the Roast of Charlie Sheen. It's awesome, the line-up includes William Shatner, Steve-o, Mike Tyson, Kate Walsh, Jeff Ross, and a couple of others. It had me in stitches.

Seems like it went well with the first episode:

"Two and Half Men scored nearly 28 million viewers to go along with its 10.3 adults 18-49 rating (leading not only the night, but any scripted show in the 2010-11 season by a wide margin) and was up more than 100% from last year's season premiere.'Men's' premiere was the highest-rated, most-watched scripted season premiere since the September 25, 2005 season two premiere of Desperate Housewives (28.36 million)." source

Well, it's just finished here. I laughed (begrudgingly!) Ashton sounds a bit thick (is that how he normally talks or just the character he plays?) but the well-hung hints were amusing.. and I did like Judith's reaction to him at the end. Overall though, it felt like the Alan Harper show. We won't see the rest of the season til October, so I guess I'll have to wait and see.

They anticipated a huge audience, equal to what Charlie Sheen pulled per episode, for this first new episode, and it got the numbers here in Australia, however; they also estimate that it will now decline rapidly, as it is anticipated high results based on curiosity for further viewing or not... it seems a lot have already said they won't be watching the second.

I am a massive Two & a Half Men fan myself, with all series owned... yet I couldn't accurately state whether I will cease watching yet, because the first episode that viewed here the other night, didn't really contain much with Ashton... so I will atleast give the second episode a look in, and if it doesn't hold my attention like Charlie Sheen did, then I won't be making it to the third episode.

TV gurus here expect it to dwindle after one month (4 episodes), as that will give people an objective timeline to decide watching, or not. I think that's accurate.

I watched the Charlie Sheen roast straight after Two and a half men. I was pretty disappointed in that too, most of the people on it weren't that funny, although it was nice to see Steve-O not covered in dog poo for once! Charlie was funny at the end though. I don't care what anyone says, I still love Charlie :D

I always thought the writing on 2.5 was clever and catered to a simple premise. The characters seemed to flow well together and Charlie could always pull it off because, well, let's face it, he was basically playing himself.

Of course the ratings were high the first episode. People who like the show genuinely want it to continue to be the same style and succeed. But, frankly, I thought the first episode was flat, poorly written, and the acting weak. It didn't even seem like the regular actors were flowing well together and the dialog seemed totally contrived. Almost like actors seeing their fate in the hate script of Charlie Sheen. For example, I never used to hear the laugh track as I used to laugh with it. I kept hearing it all episode as if it was an unfunny comedian dying on stage. Regarding Ashton, I thought he did a decent job. I wouldn't fault the problems I see with him.

I always enjoyed the show. It was simple.....it was relate-able....hell, it was even fun to watch episodes I had even seen before. Though I dvd'rd the show and was hoping for the best, frankly I just found myself cringing. If that show was a pilot it would be done. I'm guessing, like myself, people will continue to try and give it a chance in the hopes it starts getting better. But, they can't expect people to hold on hopes for too long.

I also watched the roast and thought there were funny parts to it.... some even hilarious....though I really think you have to be very careful around Mike T...that boy is just a whisper away from going off. It was funny to watch the comedians balance between joking with him and running for the hills. What's her name was funny asking for the interpreter.

It definitely seemed like Charlie was "winning" this week. From his roast, to his award show comments wishing the show well, his genuine reflection on his recent behavior, and his $100mil settlement, things seem to going right again. Let's see if he can stay off the "Crazy Train".

But, I'm afraid 2.5 men might have jumped on board at the last station.

Honestly, I always thought Charlie Sheen would die before Charlie Harper. That kind of a lifestyle takes its toll. I gave the edge to Charlie Harper because he was smart enough not to do drugs.

70785_la.jpg

Looks like the race is on to see if Charlie Harper dies in syndication first. He's crack-whore thin, his teeth are falling out Its really sad to see.

When Steve-O tweeted this picture, its was with the captioning, "I believe I'm at the most expensive crack house on the planet."

It really is him. Less than a week old.
Wow. Reminds me a bit of the Steve Jobs picture that was put up (steve's legs), obviously completely different circumstances.

I too thought Jon Cryer carried the first show, and will continue watching. Though I would have never in 1 million years have ever started watching the show until a close friend got me interested in it many months ago... since I started watching I've always thought the writers made the show what it was, not the actors.

made the show what it was, not the actors.
Of course, the writers didn't change ... so the show will be a hit if it was the writers.
I think the Chemistry is gone. The whole show was about Sheen's character. It was not likely a replaceable thing.
The writers had all eyes on their first show, and it basically sucked.
That's not a good sign.

I want them to do a arc where Judith separates from Herb after Herb learns Alan might be Millie's father and she begins dating...

jon-cryer-totally-looks-like-matthew-broderick.jpg

Matthew Broderick. I think that would be hilarious.

Top Bottom