ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat

ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat v4.1.1

No permission to download
I finally received a reply from them. But I can't seem to find an installation tutorial on Xenforo.

That's not what it says to do, read the instructions again.
For example, if you have a forum installation such as vBulletin or phpBB and your main site is www.yoursite.com, but your forums are located at www.yoursite.com/forums/, you would put the arrowchat folder into the /forums/ directory.

I followed it. My forums is in public_html. So that means I should upload the files in there. Right?

EDIT: Holy lord. It says arrowchat folder. I was thinking about the contents. Thanks Martok. I'll upload the folder now.

After the first step, I'm stuck with this, it doesn't continue anymore:
7f3d78f05c.jpg

That would be in your library/config.php file if you are unsure what the information is.
I just copy-paste the information from my library/config so that the MySQL would match. And it still happens. I have given Arrowchat FTP access hoping that they can fix it. But they're not responding once again.

I just copy-paste the information from my library/config so that the MySQL would match. And it still happens. I have given Arrowchat FTP access hoping that they can fix it. But they're not responding once again.
They aren't a hosting company and haven't seen anywhere where they claim to offer 24/7 support nor a response time frame. This is a developer we're talking about after all and they tend to have certain hours they are around.

- Uploaded the files.
- Arrowchat Support tweaked the file since I was running PHP7.
- I was able to install it.
- Logged into Admin Panel and changed permissions.
- This damn thing won't show the chat bar UNLESS guests are in included in the permissions.

Please fix this. And your support, show up for 15 minutes and leaves for 6 hours.

This damn thing won't show the chat bar UNLESS guests are in included in the permissions.
That is incorrect.

I have Arrowchat disabled for guests in General Settings:

upload_2015-12-10_12-57-49.webp

I have nothing set for the ArrowChat Guest group:

upload_2015-12-10_12-59-1.webp

upload_2015-12-10_12-58-38.webp

It's working perfectly for me.

- Uploaded the files.
- Arrowchat Support tweaked the file since I was running PHP7.
- I was able to install it.
- Logged into Admin Panel and changed permissions.
- This damn thing won't show the chat bar UNLESS guests are in included in the permissions.

Please fix this. And your support, show up for 15 minutes and leaves for 6 hours.

ArrowChat should provide an update for PHP7 publicly. I was thinking of testing it out but if it's confirmed to not be working then... Anyways, I agree with @Martok on this in that you can do it with out guests as I've done so as well.

I'll be 100% honest and some what critical of ArrowChat in this though, the setup is not designed for anyone with out semi-strong technical skills it seems as it's something you have to manually implement and an addon for XenForo rather than template edits would go a long way in making it more usable.

Horrible product.
Horrible support.
Horrible integration.

As Mr. Wonderful's favorite phrase, I want to take this behind the barn and shoot it.

They won't provide a refund when the product is not functional. I even gave them FTP Access and Full access to my site. If you want to waste 48 hours of your life, just to get 2 responses in intervals of 12 hours each, feel free to waste your hard-earned money with these group of people.

Horrible product.
Horrible support.
Horrible integration.

As Mr. Wonderful's favorite phrase, I want to take this behind the barn and shoot it.

They won't provide a refund when the product is not functional. I even gave them FTP Access and Full access to my site. If you want to waste 48 hours of your life, just to get 2 responses in intervals of 12 hours each, feel free to waste your hard-earned money with these group of people.

I disagree..I had it up and running within 10-15 minutes and could have done it faster if I didn't limit my SFTP upload speed. The only part that has some merit is that it's not tightly integrated and requires template mods by hand. Also, they state pretty clearly on their site that they don't offer refunds and it's also part of the TOS you agreed to if I recall right.

PS You could have downloaded the trial version first and tested with that before buying.

I'll be 100% honest and some what critical of ArrowChat in this though, the setup is not designed for anyone with out semi-strong technical skills
Rubbish. All that is required is to copy 4 lines of code into the PAGE_CONTAINER template. The rest of the installation process is a wizard the same as for XenForo. These are basic skills that all admins who run forums should have.

Horrible product.
Horrible support.
Horrible integration.

I disagree too. I have been running Arrowchat for 3.5 years firstly on PhpBB and now on XenForo. It's been easy to install and manage on both. Support from Arrowchat has always been prompt for me.

As discussed at length in Conversation, your issue has been with Arrowchat working with Cloudflare. Switching that off got it all working. You even said you would look for alternatives. Now only hours later you are blaming Arrowchat. Don't. It's not Arrowchat that's the problem, it's Cloudflare. A search across these forums shows Cloudflare often causes issues with XenForo. Those of us who don't use Cloudflare don't have any of these problems. So if you're going to point fingers, point them at that instead.

Rubbish. All that is required is to copy 4 lines of code into the PAGE_CONTAINER template. The rest of the installation process is a wizard the same as for XenForo. These are basic skills that all admins who run forums should have.

I think you misunderstand my point, you typically point and shoot with XF addons - something that anyone can do . I do agree that you should need a bit more exp to run forums than that so that you can resolve issues that come up.

I think you misunderstand my point, you typically point and shoot with XF addons - something that anyone can do . I do agree that you should need a bit more exp to run forums than that so that you can resolve issues that come up.
Arrowchat isn't an XenForo add-on as such, it's chat software that works with multiple forum types and other sites too. It'd be impossible for the small Arrowchat team to create and maintain full add-on integrations for every platform - effectively they'd have to write a different version for each one. It'd be lovely if they could but it's a compromise that we have to live with, especially as the integration is quite simple really. For full add-on push and go style there's other chat solutions available for XenForo for those who need that simplicity. :)

I've used arrow for sometime with cloudflare never had a problem. Instillation is minutes & support have replied to me within 24h :)

For cloudflare

: disable rocketloader.
: put cloudflare in development mode whilst configuring.
: add a page rule to admin.php to disable cache & performance.

You could also add a page rule to arrow folder.

Remember to remove cache from your browser :)

Top Bottom