ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat

ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat v4.1.1

No permission to download
The site is still too large even with this new update.
The new update reduces the MySQL load substantially which means the problems you are having is most likely unrelated to MySQL load. Following a basic server optimization guide for your type of server can work wonders in speeding it up.

Might try pubnub, anyone had any decent experience with them?
My experience with Pubnub is good. I used them with Cometchat.

How many concurrent users do you have on your forum? And how many users in chat?
If the new usergroup permissions work well then this should have a massive performance improvement because you can exclude guests and lower ranking users from the function.

My experience with Pubnub is good. I used them with Cometchat.

How many concurrent users do you have on your forum? And how many users in chat?
If the new usergroup permissions work well then this should have a massive performance improvement because you can exclude guests and lower ranking users from the function.

We want every single user to be able to use it. Except guests.

For our live site, we limited it to about 800 users who were all using it, the private message feature and the chatrooms.

It did not like that very much. Granted, we've never been able to properly use arrowchat in any version on the site, it just causes too many issues.

Some of our users were having their browsers crash just form the existence of this thing.

I will still continue my adventure to hunt a proper chat solution.

Well, if I try ArrowChat then that will certainly put it to the test in some respects...

Cometchat failed because my 50k daily users users were generating 1.2 million chat pings a day.

Honestly...I just want to see a really really large site with at least a thousand people having access to it at all times.
We do have sites running millions of users and thousands of concurrent users. Chat can certainly be intensive when you start having a lot of users and it's important that your server both be capable and optimized. I've seen sites that were having trouble running just 20 users and after some basic server optimization were able to handle thousands.

@ArrowSuites just curious what is average support ticket turn around time and installation? I purchased the business edition and I've tried a few things and can't get the bar to show.

Make sure via the Administration page it is enabled and then that your code in page_container is in the right locations and it should show.

Make sure via the Administration page it is enabled and then that your code in page_container is in the right locations and it should show.

I tried all of that but it's not showing. I had cometchat working with no issues but I like how much better arrowchat looks which is why I switched. Tried everything I know and it won't show.

I tried all of that but it's not showing. I had cometchat working with no issues but I like how much better arrowchat looks which is why I switched. Tried everything I know and it won't show.

Are you using the newest version? It might be disabled in the permissions if you are sure it is enabled via the options (general settings I think it was) and the code is correct.

Hi,
I tried to change "New Facebook Full" theme to "Facebook no bar" one, then I changed back to "New Facebook Full" : chat bar shows to guess only, not to members.
I tried many ways but could not make chat bar show to members.
Please help me to fix it.

Thanks.

@Martok

This is completely untested, but I'm fairly confident in it being the issue. Open the includes/integration.php file.

Find:
Code:
$group_ids[] = $val;

Replace with:
Code:
                    if (!empty($val))
                        $group_ids[] = $val;

This worked for some of my users. About half can now see the chat bar.

Also I removed all of the AC files and deleted all of the DB tables, installed the previous working version. After a while it somehow updated it self to this new release. I'm not sure how that happened. I tried it all over again and sure enough it updated itself again.

Hi all,
The latest version (1.8.3) has issue with chat bar: chat bar shows with guests only, members can not see it.
I used the old version, there was no issue like this.

Brs.

Hi all,
The latest version (1.8.3) has issue with chat bar: chat bar shows with guests only, members can not see it.
I used the old version, there was no issue like this.

Brs.
You can either make the change to the integrations file here:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/arrowchat-facebook-style-chat-paid.66365/page-9#post-936292

Or download 1.8.3 again and take the XenForo integrations file there and replace your existing one with that (as I believe the 'fix') has now been included.

Do note that the group permissions added do not work with the recommended way that XenForo permissions should be used - see my post here:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/arrowchat-facebook-style-chat-paid.66365/page-8#post-936233

If you want to restrict Arrowchat to certain user groups, I'd suggest for now either sticking with the previous version of ArrowChat or keeping any conditionals for hiding from certain groups in the PAGE_CONTAINER template in place.

Hi,
two questions:

1. How to enable chatrooms in the chat-bar ?
2. How to enable the arrowchat for mobile styles / devices?

We do have sites running millions of users and thousands of concurrent users. Chat can certainly be intensive when you start having a lot of users and it's important that your server both be capable and optimized. I've seen sites that were having trouble running just 20 users and after some basic server optimization were able to handle thousands.
Could you please expand on this?

What setup would you advise for a website that has a lot of concurrent users? For example:
My site gets up to 10k concurrent users. But only a few hundred are logged in members.
For CometChat I had a Digital Ocean droplet to host all chat activity and a PubNub push service to connect to the users. Would you advise something similar?

Also: can you show me how reports work? How can xenforo moderators handle abuse reports in ArrowChat?
Where can xenforo moderators find reports? In XenForo Report Center?
What is reported? Can the moderator see the convo or only 1 chat message?

Also: can you show me how reports work? How can xenforo moderators handle abuse reports in ArrowChat?
Where can xenforo moderators find reports? In XenForo Report Center?
What is reported? Can the moderator see the convo or only 1 chat message?
Your expectations are unrealistic I think when it comes to integration with XenForo. Arrowchat (just like CometChat) is a chat system designed to work with a wide range of forum software and although some integration is required for users etc I doubt you would get full integration on anything except for a chat system purely dedicated to XenForo.

As for reports, in Arrowchat, when a user is reported it goes to a separate tab in the chat bar. The reported user's chat posts are highlighted around the time of the report along with an indicator to show when the report occurred. A moderator can then deal with the report using the warning and ban options, plus can close the report. See the screenshots below.

Screenshot_2015-05-24-17-18-03.webp

Screenshot_2015-05-24-17-18-15.webp

Top Bottom