Are these features available?

I would like to setup a forum with Paypal subscription access to private forum(s). Can this be done out-the-box or will additional modifications be required?

Awesome.

Another thing, which I did some searching around and it seems you need to buy an add-on for this feature. The ability to download software that's managed through the forums with the ability to add screenshots/images to the information page as well as different categories with categories within' categories.

Can users upload/add content to this system or is it only available by an administrator of the forums? If users can upload their own files what kind of management does the admin have over this?

Awesome.

Another thing, which I did some searching around and it seems you need to buy an add-on for this feature. The ability to download software that's managed through the forums with the ability to add screenshots/images to the information page as well as different categories with categories within' categories.

Can users upload/add content to this system or is it only available by an administrator of the forums? If users can upload their own files what kind of management does the admin have over this?

This sounds like the resource manager addon, which you can see in action here on this very forum as it is an official xenforo addon, see tab link to resources at top

Good to know. I will be playing around with it later tonight then.

One last question, I think.

I am running PhpBB 3.0.9. Are there any known issues, problems or anything that doesn't get migrated over with that version of PhpBB?

It's a relatively small forum.
~
Number of posts: 5646
Number of topics: 795
Number of users: 1100

So far liking the demo. Especially the resource manager. Is it possible to rename this on the site?

So the link(s) read as "Downloads" or something similar instead of "resources".

Is their any sort of "front page" type portal? Something that can show news articles, top downloads (resources) or new downloads (resources) and other similar format?

So the link(s) read as "Downloads" or something similar instead of "resources".
You can change the URLs using the Route Filters option in the Admin CP. You can use the "Phrases" system to change phrases that contain the word "Resources" to "Downloads". Depending on how many phrases there are, this can be quite a labour intensive task, but it's one that you only need to do once.

Is their any sort of "front page" type portal? Something that can show news articles, top downloads (resources) or new downloads (resources) and other similar format?
There are a few widget based and portal add-ons but they are third party resources available here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/

You can make resources require moderation, you have options to set allowed file types and/or extensions. There are also permissions regarding who can create resources, and who can view and/or download resources.

This is crucial of course to make sure there is no illegal file sharing or malware for which you are of course ultimately responsible, even if you have a disclaimer about that.

Top Bottom