XF 2.1 Is there a way to...? (or: 'Are these features really missing?')

Hilary

...display subforums below the thread listing in a particular parent forum, instead of at the top above the threads?

...have a parent node for a group of forums open as a separate page, instead of only a link to an anchor on the main forum index?

...display forums in the forum listing to people who can't access them? (So they would see the name of the forum and be reminded they're missing something.)

...allow users to set their own preferences for thread pagination (how many posts per page)?

(All these things were possible in vBulletin 4, and while I'm devoutly glad to have escaped that, these are some features I miss.)

Thanks, Lawrence. I hate to be a pain, however you don't have a simple extra.less code that will do the same thing?

You are not being a pain. If I understand you correctly, the add-on uses a template modification to remove the list of child nodes from above the list of threads and another template modification to insert the child nodes below the list of threads, this can not be done via CSS.

Stay safe,
Lawrence

Thanks, Lawrence. I hate to be a pain, however you don't have a simple extra.less code that will do the same thing?

It seems to be a simple template edit

You can try this (at your own risk - backup first, test it on a test style before committing)

Look for this in the forum_view template:

Code:
<div class="block">
        <div class="block-container">
            <div class="block-body">
                <xf:macro template="forum_list" name="node_list"
                    arg-children="{$nodeTree}"
                    arg-extras="{$nodeExtras}"
                    arg-depth="2" />
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>

and move it from there to just above this:

Code:
<xf:ad position="forum_view_below_thread_list" arg-forum="{$forum}" />

I'd prefer it done via an actual template modification rather than just editing

But if you edit the template, again - test it well first on a dupliacte test style

Last edited:
Top Bottom