Not a bug Archive import button does nothing

Adam Howard

So to put it simple, when an import was completed the archive was not archived (it was originally decided against doing so). Later it was discovered that this button / option was still there when you visit

admin.php?import/config

And sure enough if you actually look at xf_import_log The data is still there. So it was decided let's press that button and archive it..... Nothing happens.
Capture.webp

For me, the table is created, xf_import_log is truncated and the next import session begins.
I believe that is to be expected. xf_import_log is the "temp" location that things are recorded in and you have the choice to either archive it to something else or just leave it and it will get overwritten.

In this case I'm pressing the button to save it to archived_import_log, but noting happens.

This works as expected for me. What Chris said happens:

You do need to select an importer though. (Otherwise, we send you back to the form immediately.)
I think that maybe the issue. I don't want to select an importer, because that would start the import process (have nothing new to import).... Only want to archive the logs that we not archived before.

Guess this was my best solution
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/archive-import-button-does-nothing.67028/#post-704345

Top Bottom