Anyone working on an auto related forum?

I run a car based forum, we need some specific add-ons to become available and some more needed features in the core before we can convert, although I do have a test site with a few posts on done so I can play on it

I run a car based forum, we need some specific add-ons to become available and some more needed features in the core before we can convert, although I do have a test site with a few posts on done so I can play on it
That's what I'm looking for. I need a garage for starters. Would like a gallery and classifieds. Both would be nice.

Interesting topic as I recently acquired AMGpower.com and planning to get the site back up and running. Doing a bit of research first as I want the website done right the first time.

As far as past work goes, I had been working on VividRacing's forums for over two years.

I have a pretty big car forum too. Looking to move to XF as soon as... well, read my sig!

I'll probably end up coding a garage system myself as the current DTOShowcase system is a bit of a botch. Works reasonably well, but is in no way ideal.

That's what I'm looking for. I need a garage for starters. Would like a gallery and classifieds. Both would be nice.

We used to have a garage type system, but members didn't really use it as they prefer the current 'Owners Diary' format. And classifieds we just used forums with certain mods installed to restrict posting based on usergroup or postcount

We used to have a garage type system, but members didn't really use it as they prefer the current 'Owners Diary' format. And classifieds we just used forums with certain mods installed to restrict posting based on usergroup or postcount
For classifieds we use a forum with thread prefixes.
Some people like the garage and some don't use it.
It is good when someone is looking for a particular mod.
Maybe that can be accomplished with additional profile fields?

Top Bottom