1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone using Photopost for Xenforo?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sifuhall, Apr 12, 2011.

1. sifuhall

sifuhall Active Member

I'm a previous customer of Photopost and used Photopost, vbGallery, ReviewPost, and Classifieds.

I've never had an issue with their product, but I have had several issues with their support.

So much so that I really hesitate going back.

I would like to hear from anyone that is using photopost with Xenforo.

What are your thoughts?

Have you had to use support at all?
  2. xenDach

xenDach Active Member

As far as I know, Photopost doesn't connect with XenForo, so you probably won't get many answers and if you want answers/ opinions about their support, I'd start a new thread with that as the title.:)

3. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

I thought they did release an integration of some sort although from what I remember seeing it isn't integrated by much.
  4. ajnos

ajnos Member

5. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

I think that probably the next big important thing XenForo needs, a good official gallery either as an add-on. Or maybe even integrated as part of XenForo as a powerful Albums type feature. Nothing like what vB3 used of course, that was too weak.
  6. jörgk

jörgk Active Member

Yes, that is at the Moment my biggest Problem. I need really fast a full Supportet Gallery.
  7. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Kovifor is working on it, but he's been busy with school.

I think its a cover story for being a slacker ;).
    ArnyVee, -GR- and kyrgyz like this.
  8. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

I am trying my best to be patient for what KK is working on :D
  9. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

I am gonna try a fortune cookie today and see what it says. :p
  10. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

11. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

You guys ever heard of Coppermine photo gallery ?

It is free open source software that has taken many years to build, Kier can't build this in a few months, so you keep waiting for........
  12. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Oh... Don't make me take you down Forsaken! haha. Summer for me starts in t-minus 16 days! Meaning, no more god danged school work for FOUR MONTHS!

Although Coppermine is solid, I think many people want a solid, powerful system built specifically for XenForo that leverages its massive capabilities and social interactions. That's my goal for Galleria once I can get to Summer vacation.
  13. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

I think skipping the next 16 days of school sounds good to me LOL.
  14. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Me too, but between that and work and finals and actually needing to pass, I can't... =( But May 1st, programming galore!
  15. AnthonyCea

I had to learn the hard way that everything intertwined into the forum engine is not always the best way, I am stuck with a vB advanced links directory which is a vital part of my forum, meaning I am stuck with vB or I will lose it, something I worked on since day one.

So stand alone components are the way forward for me and others would be wise to think modular also.
    aculate likes this.
  16. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

I can't decide which way is the best in the long run. Running just a forum with no add-ons at all or building a community with gallery, downloads, etc. The advantage of the former is "no-hassle" updates and maintenance. At the end of the day everything boils down to time management.
  17. AnthonyCea

Let's put it this way, I wish I would have used a stand alone directory script instead of vBAdvanced at this point in time since I can't change scripts without losing that part of my forum.
  18. Craigr

Craigr Active Member

I am using Photopost 7.1 integrated with Xenforo, having just upgraded to it from Photopost vBgallery.

I last used Photopost many years ago when it was perfectly integrated with vBulletin. I then upgraded to vBadvanced vBgallery as it was much better as it had a better admin-cp and layout. Now i have reverted to Photopost as and upgrader and integration is available for Xenforo. Unfortunately it looks like Photopost has not evolved any since i last used it. The admin-cp and layout is dated. I know they are working on release 8, hopefully this will be a major improvement.

Hopefully someone will release a decent gallery for Xenforo and import script. I have over 5,000 images in the site gallery, so don't want to start adding them from scratch.
  19. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

;) Galleria (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/galleria-the-basics.9504/) will be worked in the next few weeks by Kovifor.
    Craigr likes this.
  20. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

I saw a Photopost in the wild.