Anyone using Photopost for Xenforo?

sifuhall

I'm a previous customer of Photopost and used Photopost, vbGallery, ReviewPost, and Classifieds.

I've never had an issue with their product, but I have had several issues with their support.

So much so that I really hesitate going back.

I would like to hear from anyone that is using photopost with Xenforo.

What are your thoughts?

Have you had to use support at all?

As far as I know, Photopost doesn't connect with XenForo, so you probably won't get many answers and if you want answers/ opinions about their support, I'd start a new thread with that as the title.:)

xenDach

I thought they did release an integration of some sort although from what I remember seeing it isn't integrated by much.

I think that probably the next big important thing XenForo needs, a good official gallery either as an add-on. Or maybe even integrated as part of XenForo as a powerful Albums type feature. Nothing like what vB3 used of course, that was too weak.

I think that probably the next big important thing XenForo needs, a good official gallery either as an add-on.

Yes, that is at the Moment my biggest Problem. I need really fast a full Supportet Gallery.

I think that probably the next big important thing XenForo needs, a good official gallery either as an add-on. Or maybe even integrated as part of XenForo as a powerful Albums type feature. Nothing like what vB3 used of course, that was too weak.
Kovifor is working on it, but he's been busy with school.

I think its a cover story for being a slacker ;).

Kovifor is working on it, but he's been busy with school.

I think its a cover story for being a slacker ;).
Oh... Don't make me take you down Forsaken! haha. Summer for me starts in t-minus 16 days! Meaning, no more god danged school work for FOUR MONTHS!

You guys ever heard of Coppermine photo gallery ?

It is free open source software that has taken many years to build, Kier can't build this in a few months, so you keep waiting for........
Although Coppermine is solid, I think many people want a solid, powerful system built specifically for XenForo that leverages its massive capabilities and social interactions. That's my goal for Galleria once I can get to Summer vacation.

Oh... Don't make me take you down Forsaken! haha. Summer for me starts in t-minus 16 days! Meaning, no more god danged school work for FOUR MONTHS!

Although Coppermine is solid, I think many people want a solid, powerful system built specifically for XenForo that leverages its massive capabilities and social interactions. That's my goal for Galleria once I can get to Summer vacation.

I think skipping the next 16 days of school sounds good to me LOL.

I had to learn the hard way that everything intertwined into the forum engine is not always the best way, I am stuck with a vB advanced links directory which is a vital part of my forum, meaning I am stuck with vB or I will lose it, something I worked on since day one.

So stand alone components are the way forward for me and others would be wise to think modular also.

I had to learn the hard way that everything intertwined into the forum engine is not always the best way.....
I can't decide which way is the best in the long run. Running just a forum with no add-ons at all or building a community with gallery, downloads, etc. The advantage of the former is "no-hassle" updates and maintenance. At the end of the day everything boils down to time management.

Let's put it this way, I wish I would have used a stand alone directory script instead of vBAdvanced at this point in time since I can't change scripts without losing that part of my forum.

I am using Photopost 7.1 integrated with Xenforo, having just upgraded to it from Photopost vBgallery.

I last used Photopost many years ago when it was perfectly integrated with vBulletin. I then upgraded to vBadvanced vBgallery as it was much better as it had a better admin-cp and layout. Now i have reverted to Photopost as and upgrader and integration is available for Xenforo. Unfortunately it looks like Photopost has not evolved any since i last used it. The admin-cp and layout is dated. I know they are working on release 8, hopefully this will be a major improvement.

Hopefully someone will release a decent gallery for Xenforo and import script. I have over 5,000 images in the site gallery, so don't want to start adding them from scratch.

I am using Photopost 7.1 integrated with Xenforo, having just upgraded to it from Photopost vBgallery.

I last used Photopost many years ago when it was perfectly integrated with vBulletin. I then upgraded to vBadvanced vBgallery as it was much better as it had a better admin-cp and layout. Now i have reverted to Photopost as and upgrader and integration is available for Xenforo. Unfortunately it looks like Photopost has not evolved any since i last used it. The admin-cp and layout is dated. I know they are working on release 8, hopefully this will be a major improvement.

Hopefully someone will release a decent gallery for Xenforo and import script. I have over 5,000 images in the site gallery, so don't want to start adding them from scratch.
;) Galleria (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/galleria-the-basics.9504/) will be worked in the next few weeks by Kovifor.

Top Bottom