Anyone use the Quick Navigation Menu?

Very, very, very, very rarely. In fact, I think I've only ever used it once or twice...

Liam

Have never used it to be honest.

I also know that many people disable it, believing it to be superfluous.

However the implementation that @digitalpoint uses is pretty awesome. As well as being a handy navigation menu, his moderators can drag and drop threads directly onto it to move them o_O

I think it's a great feature, particularly for new users, but it's too small for people to notice. I wish that there was a text label/phrase next to it so that it would grab people's attention. Our visitors don't have much experience with forums, so cues like this are vital.

I was thinking of using Nodes As Tabs to create a menu of portions of the forum/site that intermediate users might not find. Then I realized that all I had to do was edit the QuickNav template for a better solution. Now all I have to do is draw more attention to it.

Never. Even though the function has a lot of potential, it's too hidden to be useful. I like Waindigo's mega menu and DigitalPoints implementation of the quick navigation menu as both are awesome and useful. While both are very similar to the XF QNM I do not find XF's implementation useful at all.

I find myself wondering what that link is every so often. Then I click it and go.. Oh. Then move on.

Never! Although I'm sure it gets used since it was hidden by mistake in a recent version of UI.X and other admins were quickly asking for it's return. I personally didn't miss it and preferred it gone.

I reckon more people will use it if it features a new content indicator. It's pretty stale how it is currently.

Top Bottom