1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone use the Quick Navigation Menu?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Matthew Hawley, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

I never use it. I always click the forums tab, then scroll down (or not) and click the forum.
  2. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Not something I personally use. I mean, I know it is there but I prefer just viewing the forum list. Would be good for those new to navigating XF
    Matthew Hawley likes this.
  3. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Very, very, very, very rarely. In fact, I think I've only ever used it once or twice...

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Have never used it to be honest.

I also know that many people disable it, believing it to be superfluous.

However the implementation that @digitalpoint uses is pretty awesome. As well as being a handy navigation menu, his moderators can drag and drop threads directly onto it to move them o_O
  5. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Click on it.
    Scroll down...

Rather click on Forums or New Posts and scroll down.
  6. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

7. ForestForTrees

ForestForTrees Well-Known Member

I think it's a great feature, particularly for new users, but it's too small for people to notice. I wish that there was a text label/phrase next to it so that it would grab people's attention. Our visitors don't have much experience with forums, so cues like this are vital.

I was thinking of using Nodes As Tabs to create a menu of portions of the forum/site that intermediate users might not find. Then I realized that all I had to do was edit the QuickNav template for a better solution. Now all I have to do is draw more attention to it.
    Claudio and Andrej like this.
  8. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

9. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I have never used it.
  10. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Well-Known Member

What's a quick navigation menu? ;)
    Tracy Perry and oman like this.
  11. realaqu

realaqu Active Member

A sidebar for watched forums is much useful
  12. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Never. Even though the function has a lot of potential, it's too hidden to be useful. I like Waindigo's mega menu and DigitalPoints implementation of the quick navigation menu as both are awesome and useful. While both are very similar to the XF QNM I do not find XF's implementation useful at all.
  13. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

Never used it on any XF forum.
  14. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

We ditched ours:

BassMan and Po'ki like this.
  15. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

I find myself wondering what that link is every so often. Then I click it and go.. Oh. Then move on.
  16. BassMan

BassMan Well-Known Member

17. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Never! Although I'm sure it gets used since it was hidden by mistake in a recent version of UI.X and other admins were quickly asking for it's return. I personally didn't miss it and preferred it gone.
  18. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

19. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

I reckon more people will use it if it features a new content indicator. It's pretty stale how it is currently.
    BassMan likes this.