Anyone Still on the iPhone 3GS?

jmurrayhead

I bought mine a while back and haven't grabbed the iPhone 4 yet. However, I did upgrade the OS to 4.0. I've noticed some serious slow downs when opening apps and such. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yup, still on 3GS. Occasionally I get a slowdown, but most of it is snappier. The camera in particular is a LOT faster.
hmm...I notice a problem, for example, when initially opening my messages and quite often when using Safari. I tried using Opera, too, but that also was quite slow. I also have a problem with the camera... :/

Shoot, i am still on the 3G. Did not want to upgrade because i knew the 4 was coming out soon. And now i will wait for the 2nd gen iPhone 4 before i upgrade because of all the issues with the first one. I did upgrade to the new OS4, and boy do i ever regret doing that. It is super slow. So now i am on the hunt to downgrade it to a lower version.

If your apps come up slow, then look for a way to take it back to the previous software version. OS4 makes it dreadfully slow.

Shoot, i am still on the 3G. Did not want to upgrade because i knew the 4 was coming out soon.
I started with the 3GS, so was no skin off my back, there :P

And now i will wait for the 2nd gen iPhone 4 before i upgrade because of all the issues with the first one.
Likewise, although, I'm eligible through AT&T to get it for $18 (with an additional 2-year contract, of course)

I did upgrade to the new OS4, and boy do i ever regret doing that. It is super slow. So now i am on the hunt to downgrade it to a lower version.
Yeah, I regret doing that, too...and I should have known better. :rolleyes:

If your apps come up slow, then look for a way to take it back to the previous software version. OS4 makes it dreadfully slow.
I'll have to look into doing that.

I still use the iPhone 3Gs, with iOS4 and it's faster than with iPhoneOS3

When your iPhone3Gs is slow, with iOS4, just try a reboot of the iPhone, it could be, that an Application still running in the background, even though you've closed it.

I started with the 3GS, so was no skin off my back, there :p

Likewise, although, I'm eligible through AT&T to get it for $18 (with an additional 2-year contract, of course)

Yeah, I regret doing that, too...and I should have known better. :rolleyes:

I'll have to look into doing that.

Yeah, you can downgrade. The only drawback is i think you loose everything. There is an app called eDrive Lite. It backs up all your contacts online. It is FREE, so get it, sign up, backup all your contacts before you restore to a previous version. Yep, i am eligible for the upgrade as well, but staying away from doing that now.

3G was my first iPhone, and i love it. I run my entire business off it now. I have tried others, and i can't stand them. This by far beats them out on everything.

Let me see if i can locate the 3.17 OS and instructions on how to downgrade it from OS4. I need to do this badly.

I still use the iPhone 3Gs, with iOS4 and it's faster than with iPhoneOS3

When your iPhone3Gs is slow, with iOS4, just try a reboot of the iPhone, it could be, that an Application still running in the background, even though you've closed it.

hmm, now that I think about it...the last time I've actually powered down my iPhone was when I was completing the ugprade. Will give that a try.
Yeah, you can downgrade. The only drawback is i think you loose everything. There is an app called eDrive Lite. It backs up all your contacts online. It is FREE, so get it, sign up, backup all your contacts before you restore to a previous version. Yep, i am eligible for the upgrade as well, but staying away from doing that now.

3G was my first iPhone, and i love it. I run my entire business off it now. I have tried others, and i can't stand them. This by far beats them out on everything.

Let me see if i can locate the 3.17 OS and instructions on how to downgrade it from OS4. I need to do this badly.
I did find some downgrade instructions....I'll see if I notice a difference when I reboot it as Steffi suggested.

I'd do that... The one time I had real trouble with the camera that's what I did and it fixed it just fine. We've been moderately happy with iOS 4 on the 3GS FWIW.

Reboot helps temporarily. Then it goes right back to being slow. Unless you just happen to have time to reboot about every 30 minutes. ;)

I dropped my iphone for EVO.

I love how it's tightly integrated with all Google services.

Yes, I do love the bigger screen. :)

The latest update now allows me to run my phone all day without a charge.

I dropped my iphone for EVO.

I love how it's tightly integrated with all Google services.

Yes, I do love the bigger screen. :)

The latest update now allows me to run my phone all day without a charge.

I like the EVO too. But it still cannot do all i can do with my iPhone. From invoicing, to quotes, to billing, to inventory, to taxes. My iPhone does it all. I even accept credit card payments via it. I tested the EVO for 5 days. Nice phone i must say. iPhone runs all day without a charge as well. I never had that issue but only one time and that is because we were at a show and we got really busy and running all those CC's drained the battery down all the way. But i do restart it every night, and i charge it every night.

For those of you stuck on iOS4 on your 3g's, there is this site here. Simply download the firmware that you want, be it 3.1.3 or what have you. Then, when in itunes, click on your iphone, and where it says restore, hold down shift, and click it, this will then allow you to restore your device to any firmware you wish. Just make sure you've backed up anything and everything important.

Top Bottom