Anyone Still on the iPhone 3GS?

Settings -> General -> About

if you ever have a chance to take a look at it :p

And where is the OS?

You won't regret it, but yet the 1st gen has issues. So you may want to hold off a bit for the 2nd gen.
That's why I didn't get the iPhone4 when I went to purchase my iPhone. 4 was out, but my both my cousin and nephew had issues with theirs, so I stuck to the 3Gs til the next 4 comes out.

Meaning?

Is there something I need to do?
No, I mean if you started off with OS 4.0 then you really wouldn't be able to provide feedback on the change from 3.1.3 to 4.0. I'm running 4.0.1 (8A306) and have noticed a significant slow down from when I was running 3.1.3.

I have a 3GS and am in no major hurry to upgrade as of yet. In theory I'm holding out for the next version of the iphone be it the 4GS or 5G

I do like ios 4.x, but lately I have noticed that the camera is slow to activate. (even with a reboot)

No, I mean if you started off with OS 4.0 then you really wouldn't be able to provide feedback on the change from 3.1.3 to 4.0. I'm running 4.0.1 (8A306) and have noticed a significant slow down from when I was running 3.1.3.
It seems to slow down every once in a while, like when I'm playing blackjack or some other stupid game. Otherwise, the camera is a dream to use, as well as texting, etc.

WHOA! i just went through a rough time. I did the downgrade and could not get my iPhone out of DFU mode. I had no choice but to restore back to when i first got it. I did the restore, and it restored to 4.01 and it is working much faster.

So, could it be some of the apps on the phone are not compatible with OS4 that is causing the whole issue? IMO, i think it was a combo of that, plus that maybe the phone just needed a complete refresh. But if you are willing to lose everything, then i suggest to restore.

Remember use iDrive Lite first to backup all your contacts. Then use it again to restore.

There is a way out of DFU mode...

That is correct. But i searched all over the net and none would work. After spending about 2 hours without a phone, i did what i did not want to do. Restore...
Not all the time will all those DFU exit modes work. In this case i was stuck in a continuous loop and could not get out. So i took the very last remedy i had.

Well... my wife now has my iphone 3GS, as she dropped hers and requires it more than me for the business apps she needs (time billing), so I am downgraded to the spare HTC touch we have here. She did update hers to the 4 software also, I didn't... and it sucked... I think she dropped it on purpose just to get mine. We were going to downgrade hers, there are some good online instructions and it can be done, but she dropped it prior to.

Now I have to wait until Feb next year before I can get my new iphone4, as that is when the business plan comes around again for new phones issued. Not happy at all about it.

Update, i just got the iPhone 4 two weeks ago today. I am loving it, and i have not had one dropped call. I used it for a whole 9 days without a case, and it works just fine. Dang this thing is fast!!!

I'm using a 3GS with os version 4.1 (8B117) just upgraded the other night. 
Meaning?

Is there something I need to do?
Peggy, after saving all your stuff, you upgrade thru iTunes, but if you have never done that before, make a Genius appt at the Apple Store and have them walk you thru it.  

Update, i just got the iPhone 4 two weeks ago today. I am loving it, and i have not had one dropped call. I used it for a whole 9 days without a case, and it works just fine. Dang this thing is fast!!!
I want to upgrade, but I found out that AT&T was a bit misleading. There is an $18 upgrade fee, and the phone will cost $199. Also, it says you must choose a data plan (which I'm curious about considering I'm still on the old "Unlimited" data plan. I certainly wouldn't want to lose that for something that gives me less data per month :p)

I want to upgrade, but I found out that AT&T was a bit misleading. There is an $18 upgrade fee, and the phone will cost $199. Also, it says you must choose a data plan (which I'm curious about considering I'm still on the old "Unlimited" data plan. I certainly wouldn't want to lose that for something that gives me less data per month :p)
I'm with At&T as well Jason, and I had to choose a new plan when I purchased my iPhone.

I'm with At&T as well Jason, and I had to choose a new plan when I purchased my iPhone.
Yeah, and that makes sense. What I'm wondering is if they will make me choose a new plan when I upgrade or if I will be able to keep my existing plan. I know they're trying to get rid of all of us who have the unlimited data plan.

Top Bottom