Any sort of roadmap for Xenforo 2.3 ?

When I read the comments of some of you, I understand that your forums are so small and rarely attended that you have no idea of the needs of highly frequented communities...
After 4 years they give you (since the fact that you pay an annual renewal is a gift for you) very small changes to the core and a theme that also becomes dark and you all get excited...

You are so funny kid.

1695400502065.webp

Hey, wall...you very well could be right. Maybe the dark theme is the only thing that I'll find useful in 2.3. The point everyone is trying to make, and one that you seem to be purposely ignoring (perhaps just to stir the pot), is that nobody knows what all we're going to get in 2.3. They've only made a single HYS post and have been clear that there are more to come. For you to keep saying that 2.3 is only getting a dark theme is a bit of a slap in the face to the developers and really it's not helpful to folks reading through these threads.

Dark mode​

A lot of the new stuff in XenForo 2.3 is related to performance improvements that won't be immediately apparent on first glance, but there is one new feature in particular that is very obvious, and that is the new dark mode.

This is not XenForo 3.0​

This is not the big design overhaul that was originally targeted for 2.3, which included sweeping changes to the template system and introduced a range of new technologies to provide a significant improvement to many areas of XenForo.

@Ricsca, please, read what I am about to say very carefully.

What we have shown so far is NOT all we have to show regarding XF 2.3.

This is just one of multiple features that we have been working on and will be showing more in due course.

I don’t mean to be condescending but can you please confirm that you understand what I, and many others, are saying?

I’m seriously not sure if you’re failing to comprehend or if you’re being deliberately ignorant to invoke some sort of reaction.

At the basis of all online projects is the fact of being able to study your users, understand their habits and what they want in order to offer the services they want... You obviously with such a large forum (very old and therefore lives on income) you don't need to interact much with your users but the fact remains that you have more than 500k users with whom the only thing you can do is wait for them to go and read what is written in your forum hoping that they find the topic interesting!
If with a large forum you don't understand the needs that a forum admin has today (but also of any internet site) it means that you are not interested in growing your community.

Dark mode​

A lot of the new stuff in XenForo 2.3 is related to performance improvements that won't be immediately apparent on first glance, but there is one new feature in particular that is very obvious, and that is the new dark mode.

This is not XenForo 3.0​

This is not the big design overhaul that was originally targeted for 2.3, which included sweeping changes to the template system and introduced a range of new technologies to provide a significant improvement to many areas of XenForo.

You added emphasis in red to the words you copied from the first HYS thread.

Let me try explaining that in a different way.

There are a number of significant features being added to XF 2.3. Many of them - BUT NOT ALL OF THEM - are performance related. ONE of the features that is not performance related is the new style variant system.

THERE ARE MORE features coming that are not merely performance related. We will talk about them over the next few weeks.

One of the next set of features we’re talking about (hint: on Tuesday again) are performance related, but there is much more to talk about which is not merely performance related.

It would be appreciated if you could reserve judgement until you know everything. You’re currently basing your comments on one thing without knowing the bigger picture.

If you’re still not happy about 2.3 after that, that’s unfortunate. But I believe the sheer majority of customers will be satisfied.

GIF by Futurithmic

An admin must understand everything that users do on their site, what interests them and what their habits are in order to be able to offer users what they want by contacting them via email.
This is what all social networks have been doing for years.
Will something come out with XF 2.3 that allows us forum admins to do this?

@Ricsca, please, read what I am about to say very carefully.

What we have shown so far is NOT all we have to show regarding XF 2.3.

This is just one of multiple features that we have been working on and will be showing more in due course.

I don’t mean to be condescending but can you please confirm that you understand what I, and many others, are saying?

I’m seriously not sure if you’re failing to comprehend or if you’re being deliberately ignorant to invoke some sort of reaction.

An admin must understand everything that users do on their site, what interests them and what their habits are in order to be able to offer users what they want by contacting them via email.
This is what all social networks have been doing for years.
Will something come out with XF 2.3 that allows us forum admins to do this?
Maybe. Maybe not. You’ll have to wait and see. But in the meantime please stop presuming you’ve seen everything when you haven’t.

At the basis of all online projects is the fact of being able to study your users, understand their habits and what they want in order to offer the services they want... You obviously with such a large forum (very old and therefore lives on income) you don't need to interact much with your users but the fact remains that you have more than 500k users with whom the only thing you can do is wait for them to go and read what is written in your forum hoping that they find the topic interesting!
If with a large forum you don't understand the needs that a forum admin has today (but also of any internet site) it means that you are not interested in growing your community.

Hmm...

1695403867158.webp

Also there is this importer which my company developed and gave it to the community for free:

My website became the second biggest community in Turkey in less than 10 years. So, I know what my community want :cool: And let me tell you, they are happy with XenForo.

@Recep Baltaş i'll give you just one example of how your forum doesn't involve your users...
You have more than 500k users, you have the gallery plugin installed and your users have uploaded 221 images and added 138 comments.
Now you will tell me that the gallery is not a section that is of much interest to your users but... how many millions of images are uploaded to social media every day?
Now you will also tell me that your users directly upload images to posts... sure but the fact remains that more than 500k users have uploaded 221 to your gallery.
But you're not interested in improving and keeping up with social media anyway and xenforo is perfect like that!

@Recep Baltaş i'll give you just one example of how your forum doesn't involve your users...
You have more than 500k users, you have the gallery plugin installed and your users have uploaded 221 images and added 138 comments.
Now you will tell me that the gallery is not a section that is of much interest to your users but... how many millions of images are uploaded to social media every day?
Now you will also tell me that your users directly upload images to posts... sure but the fact remains that more than 500k users have uploaded 221 to your gallery.
But you're not interested in improving and keeping up with social media anyway and xenforo is perfect like that!
They are not allowed to use the gallery. Only some. It's intentional. Anyway, I tried both vBulletin and phpBB and I used IPB. XenForo is the best for me at the moment.

Just set your alarm for Tuesday in 3 days time and come back then. Give us some time off.

@Ricsca

Please worry about your own forum and your own members.
I've seen you make similar comments on vb's site.
I'm surprised that the admins have not bothered to suspend your account because of your condescending attitude towards their forum.
Please stop this - snap out of it if you will.

I'll tell you a secret... freedom of speech exists...

@Ricsca

Per favore preoccupati del tuo forum e dei tuoi membri.
Ti ho visto fare commenti simili sul sito di vb.
Sono sorpreso che gli amministratori non si siano presi la briga di sospendere il tuo account a causa del tuo atteggiamento condiscendente nei confronti del loro forum.
Per favore, smettila, smettila se vuoi.

Top Bottom