Any sort of roadmap for Xenforo 2.3 ?

I was actually surprised how flawlessly the upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2 went. I can expect 2.3 will be just as smooth.
This.

I'm also looking forward to what surprise features that the developers have not told us about.

A bit like the April Fools Day prank they pulled on us all with the Green style.

It’s a fun exercise installing XF 1.0.0 and upgrading to latest.

It too works flawlessly. Very quick too.. if you don’t have much data 😂
Is there a way to download old versions? Just out of curiosity and dev purposes of course.

Thanks, was able to download older versions.

It would be interesting to see all major (1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2) next to each other. Might do that in a bit. :D

Well they'd of course say that's the HYS forum and they have said many times that don't want to talk about what they're doing before it's ready but maybe that will change.

Doubtful though.
Yeah. Exactly. I'm expecting that response too - but that's a showcase of near ready, if not ready features. Maybe if they renamed HYS to 'Developer Insights' or something, it would cover all ground.

The 'Communication' subject has obviously been discussed to death over the last few months, but it's where they fail time and time again unless pushed. The way they do it and when should change frequency for the better. It should be organic, as well. I want to see them excited about what they are doing, and discuss the benefits and culture of their work.

All of this really would be refreshing. But. Who knows. Doubtful too - I'm just expecting a mediocre / (seemingly) sarcastic answer, if at all.

The 'Communication' subject has obviously been discussed to death over the last few months, but it's where they fail time and time again unless pushed. The way they do it and when should change frequency for the better. It should be organic, as well. I want to see them excited about what they are doing, and discuss the benefits and culture of their work.

All of this really would be refreshing. But. Who knows. Doubtful too - I'm just expecting a mediocre / (seemingly) sarcastic answer, if at all.
Agree completely.

Will Version 2.3 require PHP 8.0? I noticed that for the s9e Media Sites add-on, the minimum PHP version is already 8.0.
If plugins are already setting such minimum PHP requirements, what should be expected from the new version of the script?

The minimum requirement for XF 2.3 will be PHP 7.2.5.

PHP 7.x is still very prevalent among customers.

It doesn’t really matter what versions are EOL. This doesn’t dictate what our minimum requirement is.

If you’re a developer and you wish to impose a higher PHP requirement tor add-ons then you can feel free to do so.

Will Version 2.3 require PHP 8.0? I noticed that for the s9e Media Sites add-on, the minimum PHP version is already 8.0.
If plugins are already setting such minimum PHP requirements, what should be expected from the new version of the script?
Less than 22% of PHP installations are on version 8.0 or higher. So even if XenForo wanted to make the minimum 8.0, it would be a terrible business decision because most users/servers wouldn’t be able to run it.

Top Bottom