Any good news? Please help to stop rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah, this made me laugh. The same reason was brought up by IB why they didn't want to post about new features or a roadmap. In the end it turned out there wasn't anything to talk about. You get the analogy?

If there were something to announce it would.

I'm not sure the comparison you suggest works for me. The conclusion you've reached is definitely not in agreement with my post. But both are posts are conjecture.

Seriously? You actually think that XenForo are deliberately destroying all customer confidence in their product, in order to prevent vBulletin from nicking all their ideas?

I despair....

You've exaggerated the idea I posted and made it into something I did not mean. I apologize if that is the direction anyone would want to take it. After all, it's just conjecture.

Part of my idea is that the devs would hope that XF fans would support each other. Next, they may be waiting for vB to show their hand first. I'm sure you would agree that they have to watch what they say.

Kier and Mike used to be very active, customer-oriented and kept us customers always up to date - just THE BIG DIFFERENCE the way customers were treated at IB (at least IMHO) - I was really fed up with IB and very enthusiastic about xenforo.

As someone looking to buy that is a BIG DIFFERENCE. The communication by the software developers and the customers on a day to day basis. I would guess that it was a combo of the good software and good communications that was the key to XenForo's initial success which in turn was the key to the slap suit by Internet Brands.

When looking a vB and IPBoard, one sees company support people talking to customers in the forums. Don't see that on XenForo.

The biggest damage IB may have inflicted is to get the XenForo team to stop one of their best sales promotions, good communications with their customers in their support forum

Which is the point of "slap suits" where a large corporation sues to drain the time/money resources out of a critic or smaller competitor not particularly to win the lawsuit. If the XenForo people started this up on their savings, it will be hard to survive the legal expenses. If they have some investment backing, they might be able to survive it.

If the former, given the David-Goliath nature of the dispute, the nature of web (libertarian), the nature of the forum customer base, XenForo should set up a section for "Donations to XenForo Legal Fund" or even a separate website. It will put the spotlight on Goliath (ban PR), promote XenForo as David (good PR) and get XenForu some cash for legal expenses.

And go back to what worked, good communications with the customers, current and prospective, in the forums.

Reactions: LPH
@ lph
Perhaps it doesn't work for you. As I said, if there were something to be announced it would be announced. IB's reaction time reminds me on continental drift, so it's not really a risk.

I don't speculate why there are no announcements at the moment. I renewed my license and just wait. More I can't do.

I like the way you think but I also think it's a little naive.

As someone looking to buy that is a BIG DIFFERENCE. The communication by the software developers and the customers on a day to day basis. I would guess that it was a combo of the good software and good communications that was the key to XenForo's initial success which in turn was the key to the slap suit by Internet Brands.

No, it wasn't.

The key to XenForo's initial success is who was behind it. Kier and Mike. That's it in a nutshell. They are (were?) like gods in the forum-world.
YES XenForo is a wonderful forum software. Excellent in fact. But no one really knew that before they started flying over here in droves to buy the product.

And some of you wonder why there's so much BS going on here? I've seen countless posts about the community being/feeling so much like the vB community in terms of *****ing, complaining, whining, etc. Um HELLO? Most everyone here is FROM vB! :rolleyes:

Initially, there was this huge surge with everyone sharing their concept of what a good addon product would be like. XenForo strength was and still is the huge library of FREE addons. We now have the Resource Manager directing us to both the free and commercial addons. I feel that all the open communication has fallen off due to commercialization of XenFor addon products. just my humble opinion. peace

BGL said:
No, it wasn't.​
I stand corrected. Usually a great product and good customer communications and support will result in a successful business.

In this case, the good communications seems to have be taken out of the equation while the competitors are active on their competing support forums.

Initially, there was this huge surge with everyone sharing their concept of what a good addon product would be like. XenForo strength was and still is the huge library of FREE addons. We now have the Resource Manager directing us to both the free and commercial addons. I feel that all the open communication has fallen off due to commercialization of XenFor addon products. just my humble opinion. peace

I prefer professional products vs. "free ones". Those are OK for skilled coders who can rework the free product.

I don't see a connection between the developers not communicating on their own product support forum and the professionalism of those building add-ons for their product.

@BGL you have stated your position many times. I am no longer interested in further rants from you. FYI - I have active licenses for BOTH vBulletin Publishing Suite and XenForo. I enjoy tinkering with both . have a great day

There's only so many of actual xenforo.com employees compared to vBulletin employees. When xenforo came out, they already had the software completed, so they had time to post on the forums, create how-to videos and get feedback. How can they implement what we want if they are too busy babysitting us on the forum 24/7? They can't. They can't afford to. Apparently, they can't even afford to hire people to do it for them. There's only two dudes working on the software. We should all be amazed they even made it this far. I can't think of two developers on here who could pull off what they did.

There's only so many of actual xenforo.com employees compared to vBulletin employees. When xenforo came out, they already had the software completed, so they had time to post on the forums, create how-to videos and get feedback. How can they implement what we want if they are too busy babysitting us on the forum 24/7? They can't. They can't afford to. Apparently, they can't even afford to hire people to do it for them. There's only two dudes working on the software. We should all be amazed they even made it this far. I can't think of two developers on here who could pull off what they did.
And 1 dude that doesn't work on software.

I stand corrected. Usually a great product and good customer communications and support will result in a successful business.
In this case, the good communications seems to have be taken out of the equation while the competitors are active on their competing support forums.

ha you quoted only part of what I said, for what purpose?
What I said was -

No, it wasn't.

The key to XenForo's initial success is who was behind it. Kier and Mike. That's it in a nutshell. They are (were?) like gods in the forum-world.
YES XenForo is a wonderful forum software. Excellent in fact. But no one really knew that before they started flying over here in droves to buy the product.

:rolleyes:

lol

I'm wondering if Kier got elves in the basement working on xenforo while he babysits.

He's probably just training his young ones to answer support tickets and fix bugs. I wonder how the child labor laws are over there.

When xenforo came out, they already had the software completed, so they had time to post on the forums, create how-to videos and get feedback.

I'd guess they were crazy busy all the time, customer service, good communications is not something that you can turn on and off, it's part of the DNA of a business, they do it or don't. No one is asking for "babysitting", more an adult conversation. An occasional comment to show they are around, participating in the business is all that is required. A small amount of good communication goes a long way.

The bonus of customer support forums is the customers do most of the support, a great tool but good customer support which is also good business practice, does require some communication by the principals. What's was Job's ratio, 1:1M?, but it let people now he was around reading the comments.

I'd guess they were crazy busy all the time, customer service, good communications is not something that you can turn on and off, it's part of the DNA of a business, they do it or don't. No one is asking for "babysitting", more an adult conversation. An occasional comment to show they are around, participating in the business is all that is required. A small amount of good communication goes a long way.

The bonus of customer support forums is the customers do most of the support, a great tool but good customer support which is also good business practice, does require some communication by the principals. What's was Job's ratio, 1:1M?, but it let people now he was around reading the comments.
I'm convinced that the only type of people that can pull off creating an awesome software like xenforo in such a short time with no help are mad geniuses. That would answer your 'turning on or off good communications'. No offense to Kier and Mike, but ya'll crazy forreal. This feat is not capable for the average mortal. You can't understand mad geniuses. Just accept the awesome stuff they create.

I'm convinced that the only type of people that can pull off creating an awesome software like xenforo in such a short time with no help are mad geniuses. That would answer your 'turning on or off good communications'.

Weren't they the same "mad geniuses" when they were participating in their support forums? When they were participating in the vBulletin forums? Sounds like the communicating they did do is what helped them attain the "god" "mad genius" status and now they've gone dark, out of character.

Most communication pros will tell you the worst thing a company can do when issues come up is to go silent and not address them and not communicate with their customer base (current and potential). It's even in the Mad Genius Business Manual. Page 42.

Weren't they the same "mad geniuses" when they were participating in their support forums? When they were participating in the vBulletin forums? Sounds like the communicating they did do is what helped them attain the "god" "mad genius" status and now they've gone dark, out of character.

Most communication pros will tell you the worst thing a company can do when issues come up is to go silent and not address them and not communicate with their customer base (current and potential). It's even in the Mad Genius Business Manual. Page 42.
It's also in the mad genius handbook that mad geniuses are predictably unpredictable. Kier and Mike had a boss. When your employed, you have to behave a certain way. They are their own boss now. They have the freedom to concentrate on their work and NO EMPLOYEES to delegate tasks to like they did when they were on vbulletin, which you keep convienently forgetting. It's just two dudes man smh.

They have the freedom to concentrate on their work and NO EMPLOYEES to delegate tasks to like they did when they were on vbulletin, which you keep convienently forgetting. It's just two dudes man smh.

I was going by their reported behavior when they became their own bosses, a lot of interaction with their customers on their support and sales forums. That suddenly changed when the law suit began.

It's just two dudes man smh.

It was just two dudes when they were loquacious and on it in their support forums. As for "just two dudes", Gates and Allen, Jobs and Wozniak, Hewlett and Packard, Butch and Sundance. XF, Los Dos Bandidos Ingles!

I was going by their reported behavior when they became their own bosses, a lot of interaction with their customers on their support and sales forums. That suddenly changed when the law suit began.

Actually... the lawsuit began when XenForo first went up for sale, it's only been the past few months they have gotten quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom