Any good news? Please help to stop rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still: All I wish is just a reliable sign that there is nothing to worry about (I would not mind a delay), i .e. not a link to an old message.

The only worry is the lawsuit. But XF has said it expects to win. The other worries have already been addressed unless I missed some. Let me know if there are any other specific worries.

Feel free to worry if you want. It's justified. The lawsuit has been a huge financial burden on the company and that affects everything. Rumors have been addressed but not in the bookend fashion that some would like. They cannot provide absolute assurance that everything is alright while the lawsuit is ongoing. They can only assure you that legal defense continues and development continues. In other words, XF isn't going anywhere. Official statements have already been given to this effect. Yet people continue to worry and that's fine. The rumors are ridiculous but the worry is justified. In the meantime you can take comfort in the huge success of XF as a product, without which none of us would be here.

The only worry is the lawsuit. But XF has said it expects to win. The other worries have already been addressed unless I missed some.
Personally, what I miss is the "preview" announcements we used to get about new features planned into XenForo. :)
If the developers would start that fashion again, I bet hundreds of sales would be completed in a snap... Plus it will allow other developers know what is planned so they don't spend time on developing the "missing" features.

Personally, what I miss is the "preview" announcements we used to get about new features planned into XenForo. :)
If the developers would start that fashion again, I bet hundreds of sales would be completed in a snap... Plus it will allow other developers know what is planned so they don't spend time on developing the "missing" features.

All in due time Floren. I doubt you want to see half baked, broken, completely painful to use. I think you'd rather see the XenForo dev team under promise and over deliver.

If you guys would like some good news. JURY TRIAL DATE is set as JANUARY 15, 2013 AT 9:00 A.M.
IT IS SO ORDERED.

Eight months away is almost no news and works to VB's advantage, assuming this is slap suit to drain a competitive start up's resources and scare off sales vs. winning a legitimate lawsuit.

I was going by their reported behavior when they became their own bosses, a lot of interaction with their customers on their support and sales forums. That suddenly changed when the law suit began.

It was just two dudes when they were loquacious and on it in their support forums. As for "just two dudes", Gates and Allen, Jobs and Wozniak, Hewlett and Packard, Butch and Sundance. XF, Los Dos Bandidos Ingles!
Okey doke. Which forums did they do support on? vb.com or vb.org?

Eight months away is almost no news and works to VB's advantage, assuming this is slap suit to drain a competitive start up's resources and scare off sales vs. winning a legitimate lawsuit.

Actually a set trial date works to XenForo's advantage as it now puts a finish line on the horizon opposed to before where it was an endless road.

In theory aswell it should allow some movement to do with funds.

Now all we need is a XenForo release next tuesday and we can all be happy :)

As an official voice of XF (you are a mod) are you teasing us by saying XF will release next Tuesday?

:stirsthepot:

:p

I might be a mod, but I still have to wait like the rest of you and don't know when a release will come :D

But you know, track record, second tuesdays of the month etc etc :) One can hope!

I might be a mod, but I still have to wait like the rest of you and don't know when a release will come :D

But you know, track record, second tuesdays of the month etc etc :) One can hope!

LOL. And i was just getting ready for the upgrade dance. Test local, explore new features, and prepare for the upgrade. LOL.

Given the damage that has been done with all the rumors lately and the fact that all developers have gone extremely silent (even if they were very customer orientated before), I doubt seriously that even a new release next tuesday will be as successful as it could have been.

It will not even stop the rumors, which make everything even more complicated.

Only announcing that the lawsuit has been resolved or that someone invests a lot of money in Xenforo will help.
This may even be a better way of recueing the company than coding new versions.

And this may be even the explanation why there is nothing announced until now in preparation of the launch of 1.2 later this month. There HAS to be something that sparks the silence. ;)

Good luck. Hopefully the situation gets solved soon.

I guess many admins here didn't convert from IPB. While they are great at hyping their product and their new releases, the execution of the end product was subpar from what you would expect in the product. The new features were never as great as they could have been (although from what I hear, they are starting to finally mimic the function of those features to what xf has already...kind of funny when I suggested those functions 2+ years ago but was told that that wasn't how it was suppose to be used). That was one reason I moved from them. They would add new features based on vb or xf, but the quality of those new features were lacking and were so unfunctional to how it would be used, that you couldn't even use them. But man were their progress reports exciting to read making you think "OMG this product is just getting better and better" then it would release and you'd cry yourself to sleep.

There is just as much drama in the hidden IPB forums as there is here, except they do (or once did) a lot more censoring, closing and use to delete negative topics which I found very shady at the time. I think they got away from hiding and censoring that they once did. It took the whole community with LOADS of threads about the poor SEO of IPB for them to finally look into it. Before that, they would scrutinize you as an admin saying that you shouldn't be focusing on SEO. They made their customers feel bad for asking them to look into it. They didn't realize that those of us that were voicing our opinions had bigger sites with more activity than all the staff sites combined so their logic was very wrong about us "focusing on seo". But now you see 3.3 and they are beginning to focus on SEO...I guess after all "flaming" towards their customers, they figured it was time to finally make the customers happy.

The only thing I would like to see from KAM is just letting us know what 1.2 will have in it (the finished features and post them in "Have you seen?" forum and maybe a lil exert about the potential features that may get added when it releases). That way I can look forward to those features and get ready and start thinking about how I could implement the new features if any thought needs to be put into it.

I don't expect new videos until right around the time this site is upgraded to XF 1.2.

Hence why I do not expect a release next Tuesday!

I think it's all right though. Even if the team were to release in mid July instead of June, it would be fine by me as long as they say that guys we are a little behind schedule and are targeting a July release.

In January we were told that XenForo were aiming to release 1.2 in the second quarter of 2012. Below is that statement...

We've heard nothing from KAM to say that there has been any change to this statement so therefore we are 25 days away from 1.2

Let's all make a promise to cut the negativity and join in with the countdown, if no announcement has been made by the time the clock runs down at midnight on 30th June then you all have my permission to panic like crazy.

An announcement can either be the release of the 1.2 beta or a clear statement that 1.2 has been delayed for xyz reasons until 123 point of time. However as a a customer I feel that any delay announcement should be made at least a fortnight before the end of the second quarter of 2012.

So who's with me? Shall we forget all the negativity and show some faith in KAM being able to pull this off? Let the countdown begin...

25 days to go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom