1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anonymous warning conversation

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by imthebest, Feb 27, 2014.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Some moderators on my forum use their real names as usernames. When they issue a warning to a member, a conversation is started with that member and he knows who is the moderator who sent the warning. In case the member is a troll, letting him know who is the moderator could have very bad consequences.

There should be an option in the control panel to define a shared username that is going to be used by all moderators when they issue a warning. This way a conversation will be started by someone called "The Team" instead of "John Doe".

mjda, Kintaro, Nochroma and 6 others like this.
  2. aleclee

aleclee Member

Also, on my board, some ill-behaved members get a persecution complex and try to claim that a mod is out to get him.
  3. Cooper

Cooper Active Member

Has anyone found a solution to this? Would like to also implement it.
  4. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

Why not just create a "Team" moderator account and give all staff members the login details? I'd also give strict instructions on it's proper use and require an explanatory post in a staff thread detailing what has done, by whom, and why it required anonymity.
    Methodical, ozzy47 and Cooper like this.
  5. Cooper

Cooper Active Member

I had considered that but it's an added level of complexity that I don't want to labour our mods with, in what should be a simple operation.

I think if I could do a file edit even where the warning PM is created set to the user ID of a warning moderator user it would get me around the issue.
  6. Dave Stromberger

Dave Stromberger New Member

I'd like to see a solution for this too. Perhaps as simple as an anonymous "The Team" check box.
    Cooper likes this.