Anonymous warning conversation

imthebest

Hi,

Some moderators on my forum use their real names as usernames. When they issue a warning to a member, a conversation is started with that member and he knows who is the moderator who sent the warning. In case the member is a troll, letting him know who is the moderator could have very bad consequences.

There should be an option in the control panel to define a shared username that is going to be used by all moderators when they issue a warning. This way a conversation will be started by someone called "The Team" instead of "John Doe".

Thanks.

Upvote 10
Why not just create a "Team" moderator account and give all staff members the login details? I'd also give strict instructions on it's proper use and require an explanatory post in a staff thread detailing what has done, by whom, and why it required anonymity.

Why not just create a "Team" moderator account and give all staff members the login details? I'd also give strict instructions on it's proper use and require an explanatory post in a staff thread detailing what has done, by whom, and why it required anonymity.
I had considered that but it's an added level of complexity that I don't want to labour our mods with, in what should be a simple operation.

I think if I could do a file edit even where the warning PM is created set to the user ID of a warning moderator user it would get me around the issue.

Top Bottom