Cannot reproduce No warning conversation when temporary banned

ge66

Affected version
2.x
If a user gets a warning by a moderator the user gets a conversation with a link. If a user gets a warning that leads to banning they do not get a warning conversation, not before and not after the banning ends.

I think this is a bug and think they should get the conversation first and then get banned. So that they can read that conversation when they are unbanned, if they are.

Another diskussion about this:

This is hard to test and now it seems like the warning conversation is sent and can be read when the user is unbanned.
Unbanned users are not always the most helpful when troubleshoting :)

Could the information be shown to a banned user?
I think the warning and banning functions could be improved and maybe simplified.

And now the banned user says that she did not get a conversation the last time she got banned by a warning. But she got it this time.

I can confirm that a conversation is sent to the warned / banned user.

Bear in mind that it is possible for the issuing moderator to disable the conversation on a case by case basis, and some warnings may not have a conversation configured to be sent automatically. Therefore if we trust what the user said, that they didn't get a conversation, then those things are the likely cause.

Indeed as per Mr Lucky's post above, it's also possible they may not have seen the conversation anyway because banned users can't view conversations and won't receive the email notification.

All in all though, taking the first post report literally, cannot reproduce the conversation not being started, and logical reasons for that are noted above.

Top Bottom