• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Announcing Forum Runner - XenForo iPhone/iPad/Android App!

Yes, but you will need your own developer accounts.

Would it be possible so that the app only works for users in a specific user group?

I'd be interested in the branded option but then recouping the cost from our members (who've already said they'd be happy to pay for mobile access).

Rather than setting up a developer account, charging in the App Storea and giving Apple 30%, if the branded app could be free in the app store but only work for users who were in a "donators" usergroup on our site we could handle the payments ourselves and simplify it all considerably.

Just an idea, don't know if that's an option or not.

Clemson,

I see there is a beta version of forum runner on the website released a few days ago but I cant find any info on it? Can you please share what new features/tweaks are in this? Thanks

Clemson,

I see there is a beta version of forum runner on the website released a few days ago but I cant find any info on it? Can you please share what new features/tweaks are in this? Thanks

You can view the changelog inside the zip to get an idea.

Although, I noticed the beta link is for version 1.0.7 and not 1.1.0

Anyone else getting error 'The remote server sent an unparsable result. This could be a result of the forum software plugin being outdated' even with the latest client and XF add-on?

Anyone else getting error 'The remote server sent an unparsable result. This could be a result of the forum software plugin being outdated' even with the latest client and XF add-on?
Yes.
Quick question, on which Forum Runner function did this occur? Was it by any chance the "Who's Online" page?
Add that to possibly having this mod installed?:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xfb5-xfr-merge-double-user-post-v-1-2-0-en_ru.6264/

[xfr] Merge Double User Post

Sometimes, this [xfr] mod ^ causes the "Online" screen to throw an error, leading to both Tapatalk and Forum Runner to trip out when the "Online" page is accessed.
That's my theory anyway. It has proved to be true in just about every case.

Yes.
Quick question, on which Forum Runner function did this occur? Was it by any chance the "Who's Online" page?
Add that to possibly having this mod installed?:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xfb5-xfr-merge-double-user-post-v-1-2-0-en_ru.6264/

[xfr] Merge Double User Post

Sometimes, this [xfr] mod ^ causes the "Online" screen to throw an error, leading to both Tapatalk and Forum Runner to trip out when the "Online" page is accessed.
That's my theory anyway. It has proved to be true in just about every case.
I got this error when trying to view ANY thread.

I dont have that add-on installed. Not sure what it is..

Would it be possible so that the app only works for users in a specific user group?

I'd be interested in the branded option but then recouping the cost from our members (who've already said they'd be happy to pay for mobile access).

Rather than setting up a developer account, charging in the App Storea and giving Apple 30%, if the branded app could be free in the app store but only work for users who were in a "donators" usergroup on our site we could handle the payments ourselves and simplify it all considerably.

Just an idea, don't know if that's an option or not.

This has been a requested feature and is on the drawing board. There are many issues to iron out with this, and I want to implement it the right way.

All fine here under the new one Rob. v1.1.0
New features tested and no issues so far.
The iPhone app was newly updated too this morning to v1.5.0 :) (y)

One thing. When in a Conversation, the dark grey top border makes the blue usernames unreadable...
I'd consider that quite a UI problem. :confused:

Client: v1.1.0
iPhone App: v1.5.0

photo.webp

Top Bottom