XF 1.5 Animated Gif Issues

DaiAku

Having strange issues with animated gifs on our site. They seem to work while editing the post but after saving them out they do not display properly.

You can see the thread here:

http://que-ee.com/forums/index.php?...il-5-2016-on-xbox-one-and-pc.4298/#post-45401

Only the second animated gifs display properly but they are all correct and should work - when I went to edit the post to see if where typos they all worked in the editor.

Here is the text for the animated gifs:

EducatedSelfassuredIndianpalmsquirrel.gif

24337609193_25429c3913_o.gif

24870907931_85fe4beff3_o.gif

24846397762_db126e4047_o.gif

24871233981_2fa6b48d4a_o.gif

I disabled cache sizes on the images to make sure that was not it but it didnt help.

Anyone have any idea?

Hah - well they dont seem work here either - is there an option that needs to be set somewhere in admin?

Additional note: if you go and edit the post the animated gifs do work in the editor on this site as well. Is this a bug?

Last edited:
The images are likely too large.

You can increase the value in the ACP -> Options -> Messages: Image Cache Max Size (Kilobytes)

Thank you - I tried this - set it to unlimited cache and but it is still is a problem. Well to be clear - only 1 out of the 5 work with unlimited cache size.

Last edited:
More info on this:

I disabled all add-ons to see if the problem persisted and it does. With all add-ons disabled only 1 of the 5 images will display properly. They continue to display properly in the editor.

When a proxied image fails to be fetched, it will retry fetching but only sporadically. The longer it has been failing, the more time between retries. It's possible it hadn't retried since you changed the options.

Alternatively, it could just be down to fetching speed. We limit how long fetching can happen (to avoid DoS vectors), so it may have taken too long.

When a proxied image fails to be fetched, it will retry fetching but only sporadically. The longer it has been failing, the more time between retries. It's possible it hadn't retried since you changed the options.

Alternatively, it could just be down to fetching speed. We limit how long fetching can happen (to avoid DoS vectors), so it may have taken too long.

Ah ok. I tried turning on proxy images again for the ones in question above and again only 1/5 images worked - so I think the rules out possibility #1. So in my case the only fix seems to be turning them off. Hopefully this data and information will be helpful for you.

There's also a 10 second fetch limit on them (this is the DoS vector thing), so that could be involved (and would be expected).

There's also a 10 second fetch limit on them (this is the DoS vector thing), so that could be involved (and would be expected).

Sounds certainly possible. It might make sense to add some features to extend the time. Up to you guys - love the forums think you guys are doing a bang up job with Xenforo.

Thanks!

Top Bottom