And I'm Back!

jmurrayhead

Not that anyone noticed I was gone :p Was on vacation for the past couple weeks spending some time with family and friends up in Michigan. Here's a few pics...

Here I am throwing my little brother in Lake Michigan:
283345_2225356909046_1101459797_32617441_3033785_n.webp

Here I am bringing out a tray of jello and pudding shots:
226003_10150257858994930_501724929_7600780_4191791_n.webp

My eldest daughter learning to play pool:
337111_2172657629515_1038991706_2518092_5482496_o.webp

My youngest swimming:
287081_2172682590139_1038991706_2518128_7837864_o.webp

The fish I caught on a fishing trip with my cousin:
210987_2165531731372_1038991706_2510603_8388067_o.webp

My brother successfully defending his MMA title:
334252_2171865289707_1038991706_2517040_4060170_o.webp

Had a great time! :)

Messing around at the beach, Jello shots, Family time, Fishing and cage fighting

I am moving to Michigan :D

lol the beaches of west Michigan are beautiful. And in the winter, there is snowmobiling, skiing, and ice fishing :)

Ok now it just sounds a bit cold for my liking, Having said that I am from Australia and if I am correct us Aussies adapt well with the Michigan people and lifestyle.

Ok now it just sounds a bit cold for my liking, Having said that I am from Australia and if I am correct us Aussies adapt well with the Michigan people and lifestyle.
lol It might be something you want to check out during the summer months. Winters are pretty brutal up there. :p

Defiantly would have to be a summer vacation, Those pictures are magnificent (y)

Regarding Barbecuing corn pic... I have been doing this recently by taking the leaves off then coating the corn with salt, pepper, butter, oil and a bit of garlic then wrapping it in al foil (Aluminium foil)... Yumm

The pictures are magnificent (y)
Thanks! :)

Regarding Barbecuing corn pic... I have been doing this recently by taking the leaves off then coating the corn with salt, pepper, butter, oil and a bit of garlic then wrapping it in al foil (Aluminium foil)... Yumm
Sounds yummy, I'll have to give this a try! I recently started soaking the corn in water for a bit so that the wet leaves produce a nice steam while on the grill. They turn on great (y)

Thanks! :)

Sounds yummy, I'll have to give this a try! I recently started soaking the corn in water for a bit so that the wet leaves produce a nice steam while on the grill. They turn on great (y)

I will have to give that a try as I have tried cooking with dam banana leaves with good results.

Lol, dont even get me started with how I am cooking my chicken these days, To get back to your thread topic I take it that you really enjoyed your time away ?

I will have to give that a try as I have tried cooking with dam banana leaves with good results.
(y)

Lol, dont even get me started with how I am cooking my chicken these days
mmm...I think I want to get you started...how DO you cook your chicken? :D

To get back to your thread topic I take it that you really enjoyed your time away ?
I had a blast, although it DOES feel great to be back home, sleeping in my own bed again, and to be back on my routine. :)

mmm...I think I want to get you started...how DO you cook your chicken? :D

I once was an apprentice japanese chef and I have been cooking my chicken as follows

Cut chicken breasts into byte size pieces and marinate with the following in the fridge overnight (in order of quantity)

Saki
Light soya source
Dark soya source
Half a diced onion
Some shredded ginger
Splash of mirin

Then the trick is to coat the marinated chicken in Japanese breadcrumbs then deep fry (the japanese breabcrumbs are crunchy and save the oils life dramatically)

Serve with rice, sliced lettuce and Japanese mayonnaise (if all is done correctly the chicken should resemble a much healthier taste simular to KFC or better known as Kakiage Chicken)

I had a blast, although it DOES feel great to be back home, sleeping in my own bed again, and to be back on my routine. :)

Sounds like you need to be thrown out of your natural element a little bit more ;)

I once was an apprentice japanese chef and I have been cooking my chicken as follows

Cut chicken breasts into byte size pieces and marinate with the following in the fridge overnight (in order of quantity)

Saki
Light soya source
Dark soya source
Half a diced onion
Some shredded ginger
Splash of mirin

Then the trick is to coat the marinated chicken in Japanese breadcrumbs then deep fry (the japanese breabcrumbs are crunchy and save the oils life dramatically)

Serve with rice, sliced lettuce and Japanese mayonnaise(if all is done correctly the chicken should resemble a much healthier taste simular to KFC or better known as Kakiage Chicken)
That sounds delicious! If I knew what some of the ingredients were, I might be able to pull it off :p

Sounds like you need to be thrown out of your natural element a little bit more ;)
nah, I wasn't homesick at all or anything. Was just nice to be home after two weeks :)

That sounds delicious! If I knew what some of the ingredients were, I might be able to pull it off :p

I dont know how multi cultural your supermarkets are as opposed to ours but we generally have an asian section which all of the ingredients can be purchased, Well except for Saki which is alcohol and is not allowed to be sold in our supermarkets.

I do enjoy a successful vacation story, I dont suppose you have any other pictures to share ?

I dont know how multi cultural your supermarkets are as opposed to ours but we generally have an asian section which all of the ingredients can be purchased, Well except for Saki which is alcohol and is not allowed to be sold in our supermarkets.
It just so happens that I live in a very multicultural area, so most supermarkets have a whole aisle dedicated to international foods. There is also a couple supermarkets that are strictly international. AND, before I left, I had a recipe that called for saki and was able to find it in the store :p

I do enjoy a successful vacation story, I dont suppose you have any other pictures to share ?
I do have a few more pictures, but they have friends and family in them. Not too sure if they would mind me posting them on the Internet for all to see.

If you ever have left over Saki make sure to put it in shot glasses then heat it in the microwave for 10 sec before drinking :D

I would also have to agree about the pics

Top Bottom