AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
One question, say we use this addon for a while like a year or two. And then for some reason we can't use it anymore and have to deactivate it.

What happens then? What are the consequences of doing so?

One question, say we use this addon for a while like a year or two. And then for some reason we can't use it anymore and have to deactivate it.

What happens then? What are the consequences of doing so?
Good question. Google Search Console would likely complain in the beginning that the "AMP pages" are not AMP pages anymore, but after some time they will also notice that the <meta amphtml>-tag is missing and get the hint.
You would probably loose a bit of ranking (coming back to current levels), but that's about it I think :)

Reactions: sbj
When someone searches for something in Google/Bing on a phone, they will be sent to the ?amp=1 variant of the page. So visitors coming in from the search engine will see the AMP variant. If the visitor decides to continue browsing your forum, they will be directed automatically to the "real site"

Hope that clears some things up
Yes it's clearest now
  • So with installing this addon we can't say our mobile site is AMP built ? Right ?
  • and users lose speed of AMP pages as soon as they continue to browse the site?
  • So this addon is really primarily to please Google and therefore be ranked higher? not for the comfort of users who browse our sites?
these are just questions to understand well what this addon does on my site, no bad comments.

So with installing this addon we can't say our mobile site is AMP built ? Right ?
Well you can say whatever you want :D (A question of definition here)
and users lose speed of AMP pages as soon as they continue to browse the site?
Basically the first time they go from AMP->Real site, it will be "slow".. After that most things will be cached in the browsers anyway, so it doesn't affect as much. The benefit of AMP is that the first load from Search Engine -> AMP page is fast.. Once the user is "hooked" and want to continue to your site it doesn't matter if the first load takes 2s extra :)
So this addon is really primarily to please Google and therefore be ranked higher? not for the comfort of users who browse our sites?
Exactly :) 👍 (btw: also Bing)

I already have the latest version installed, how long does it take to update the higher version in myforums?

IMG_20210207_211746.webp

I’ve got s as m issue with this. I have a link that my customers can go to to download their products, https://snogssite.com/resources/owned

With AMP enable, they get a “ Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested page could not be found.” error.

Had to disable the addon for now.

This option: Show a link to the Canonical ("real site") page on AMP pages

What is the recommendation on this? any SEO benefit? I don't remember this option being available when I first installed this, not sure if it is something I should enable or not.

i don't use it. user already have access to content on the page. and if they want to read more, they already get moved to real site. i always dislike websites who would place a banner at the top saying click here to see comments because amp pages cannot load their comment widgets. i am there to read the news which i already have access to.

Google has indicated that in May 2021 the new algorithm that will be in effect will no longer use AMP pages as parameters for site ranking. At that time, what will remain the interest of keeping AMPXF active?
See the discussion here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/implement-amp-project-framework.106501/post-1477544
But the TL;DR; version is: Even if AMP itself would not be a ranking factor, the AMP pages are really fast, and force certain other things that are ranking factors. So i don't see it affecting anything much.
It seems for some styling reasons I can´t download the PL3 version. Could you do something about it ;) ? Thanks, mate!

View attachment 245887
Ahh yeah I'll remove some of those extra as they anyway have some bugs etc in them :)
I’ve got s as m issue with this. I have a link that my customers can go to to download their products, https://snogssite.com/resources/owned

With AMP enable, they get a “ Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested page could not be found.” error.

Had to disable the addon for now.
Can you open a support ticket about this and explain a bit more? (wondering if this is related to some custom thing on your site as you are also an addon developer)

How long does it take for the robot to recognise an install?
It should be almost instant, but in some cases e.g. Cloudflare firewall etc, if you are having problems please open a support ticket and I will look into it :)
This option: Show a link to the Canonical ("real site") page on AMP pages

What is the recommendation on this? any SEO benefit? I don't remember this option being available when I first installed this, not sure if it is something I should enable or not.
Well some people requested it :) I don't use it myself as any other link on the AMP page goes to the real site anyway :)

Top Bottom