AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
The ampbot running on his server that checks your website for validation error till now only checked the first page of threads. Now it would check inner pages too. You would have noticed this if you were getting errors. 😛

Oh boy...got another 35 errors to fix.

It sucks that amp needs to be so strict because I have to fix hundreds or even thousands of pages when the initial crawling is done.

well yeah. this is similar to what was the craze with some web developers long time ago. they aimed to full html spec compliance. try to find a pattern to the reports. i was able to fix 90% of the issues i was getting with a simple find and replace in database.

I should mention here that I love the random post button in the backend. I use it frequently for fun and sometimes it leads to old threads that are either worth removing or worth reading again. Probably my favorite feature of this addon lol.

The ampbot running on his server that checks your website for validation error till now only checked the first page of threads. Now it would check inner pages too. You would have noticed this if you were getting errors. 😛
It was also actually checking page 2 in some cases for styling etc, but yeah, now it will o through every page in a thread :)

Oh boy...got another 35 errors to fix.

It sucks that amp needs to be so strict because I have to fix hundreds or even thousands of pages when the initial crawling is done.
Sorry 😇
One thing that might be worth considering is to wait a bit and see if there are "common patterns" across threads that could be replaced in bulk or similar :)

I've had a couple of forum conversions over 20 years... well more than that:

Matt's BB Script (2001/2002) -> x-forum (2002) -> phpbb (2003-2005) -> vbulletin (2005-2013) -> xenforo

Lots of casualties over the years as you can imagine (most notably The Great Attachment Loss Of 2005) but in the past 10 years or so I've learned to take advantage of 301 redirects (.htaccess on apache, or the conf files in nginx). It's tedious, but not as tedious as updating 1000's of individual forum posts. There is also the possibility of a mysql query to replace data, but that is an activity for pros only!

Edit: hmm, maybe redirects don't come into play here; AMPbot doesn't seem to care if there are dead links, it's more about totally malformed links.... )

How about us who are using custom font style, like google font but locally hosted woff2 files?
What is the proper way to implement it on AMP pages?

Thanks.

1. Using <link>​

Use a <link> tag (usually in the head of your page), like so:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Tangerine">

The following origins are allowlisted and allowed for font serving via link tags:

Reactions: rdn
I've had a couple of forum conversions over 20 years... well more than that:

Matt's BB Script (2001/2002) -> x-forum (2002) -> phpbb (2003-2005) -> vbulletin (2005-2013) -> xenforo

Lots of casualties over the years as you can imagine (most notably The Great Attachment Loss Of 2005) but in the past 10 years or so I've learned to take advantage of 301 redirects (.htaccess on apache, or the conf files in nginx). It's tedious, but not as tedious as updating 1000's of individual forum posts. There is also the possibility of a mysql query to replace data, but that is an activity for pros only!

Edit: hmm, maybe redirects don't come into play here; AMPbot doesn't seem to care if there are dead links, it's more about totally malformed links.... )

Hi,
I have used a magic add-on which replaces into your posts the old URL by the redirected URL which are setup server side.
For me the redirects were setup in .htaccess.
It worked like a charm!
I recommend

But take time to understand how it works as it is just one of the functionnalities this tool allow. Honestly this add on is adream for people like us managing forums for years (20 for me) and having migrated form several forum managers years after years.

David

I'm a bit confused by this report from ampbot

Code:
    MANDATORY_TAG_ANCESTOR_WITH_HINT on line: 578 column: 31
    The tag 'audio' may only appear as a descendant of tag 'noscript'. Did you mean 'amp-audio'?

This page has what I believe is a correctly formed audio element:

Rendered html from bbcode =

Code:
<audio controls>
  <source src="/x-audio//pete/HooliganBlues.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">
    Your browser does not support the audio element.
</audio>

See here:

Or do I need to change my audio bbcode for amp maybe?

Aha, just found this:

Code:
<amp-audio
  width="400"
  height="300"
  src="https://yourhost.com/audios/myaudio.mp3"
>
  <div fallback>
    <p>Your browser doesn’t support HTML5 audio</p>
  </div>
  <source type="audio/mpeg" src="foo.mp3" />
  <source type="audio/ogg" src="foo.ogg" />
</amp-audio>

So need to work out if I can do this with bbcode and if it still shows the ampbot error

Aha, just found this:

Code:
<amp-audio
  width="400"
  height="300"
  src="https://yourhost.com/audios/myaudio.mp3"
>
  <div fallback>
    <p>Your browser doesn’t support HTML5 audio</p>
  </div>
  <source type="audio/mpeg" src="foo.mp3" />
  <source type="audio/ogg" src="foo.ogg" />
</amp-audio>

So need to work out if I can do this with bbcode and if it still shows the ampbot error
The ampxf addon should convert these correctly automatically, I'll have a look if there is something special there that it has missed 😊

Would be nice if you can use Install Upgrade made by Th, so once an update is made, is available within one click

Top Bottom