AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
Small suggestion:
On the amp bot page, the problematic pages are listed and link to the amp version.
Right now, I have to manually remove the ?amp=1 part to be able to edit the post.
Could you change the external links on the bot page, so it points to the non amp version? This would make resolving those errors one step less frustrating ;)
I use an add-on in my browser for that. That is an even better solution because you can easily switch back to AMP again and it will show you if the page is correct after your edit. And trust me, you will need that ;)

If possible you may increase the crawl rate of the AMP bot. Because with the current speed it will take a while before it's finished...

Edit:...the initial indexing
We've increased the AMPBot to work 3x as fast for Large sites now, so a 50% speed increase :) 👍
Small suggestion:
On the amp bot page, the problematic pages are listed and link to the amp version.
Right now, I have to manually remove the ?amp=1 part to be able to edit the post.
Could you change the external links on the bot page, so it points to the non amp version? This would make resolving those errors one step less frustrating ;)
There is now a "Canonical page" button also that opens the normal one 👍

This add-on just keeps getting better and better.
jimmy fallon wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I didn't get to read this whole thread. Is there an FAQ page about what we do for the problem pages. I have about 3,000+ so far:

1611353554182.webp

I didn't get to read this whole thread. Is there an FAQ page about what we do for the problem pages. I have about 3,000+ so far:

View attachment 244656
You have to go to the non-amp version and edited the posts to make them proper, then click on the verify fix button, if it goes away then it’s proper, if it doesn’t re-check them.

You have to go to the non-amp version and edited the posts to make them proper, then click on the verify fix button, if it goes away then it’s proper, if it doesn’t re-check them.
What needs to be edited to make them proper? Also, I would need to do that over 3,000 times to fix it?

What needs to be edited to make them proper? Also, I would need to do that over 3,000 times to fix it?
I guess "target blank" means something like an ad that on click opens in a new window.
if that's the case you probably need to edit it once (where your ad code is placed).
but I might be completely wrong )

I guess "target blank" means something like an ad that on click opens in a new window.
if that's the case you probably need to edit it once (where your ad code is placed).
but I might be completely wrong )
Idk, my site doesn't have any ads. I realized I could open a ticket on the AMP site. We'll see.

It’s broken code or something not closed, for example [media]YouTube etc but missing the [/ media]. It can be broken links as well.

Last edited:
Idk, my site doesn't have any ads. I realized I could open a ticket on the AMP site. We'll see.
The fact that all your pages have this error is actually good. It means that you will find this one error and all the pages will get fixed. )

It’s broken code uses or something not closed for example [media]YouTube etc but missing the [/ media]. It can be broken links as well.
here it is )

Code:
                <a class="shareButtons-button shareButtons-button--brand shareButtons-button--youtube" href="https://www.youtube.com/wanderingwinterfields" target="_blank" rel="noopener">
                    <i aria-hidden="true"></i>
                    <span>youtube</span>
                </a>

<a class="shareButtons-button shareButtons-button--brand shareButtons-button--instagram" href="https://www.instagram.com/tacoma3g/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">
                    <i aria-hidden="true"></i>
                    <span>Instagram</span>
                </a>

Thank you. So with this add-on I can no longer have those links open in a new tab for the user?
you can.
I found the problem. target="_blank" is ok. But you have target="blank" (no underscore) in the footer. And that's not ok in AMP.
Just add underscore. "_blank" instead of "blank".

Code:
                <h3><i class="far fa-bullhorn"></i> About & Mission</h3>

<p><small>The mission of Tacoma3G is to provide 3rd Generation Tacoma and overland enthusiasts an informative, organized, and friendly community to discuss and learn to modify their trucks, entirely for free. The core of our community is built from like-minded individuals with a wide array of knowledge that are willing to guide you if you just bought your truck and have initial questions and/or are recently picking up the overland lifestyle. Even the most experienced can learn something new here and we always approach each discussion with a "no stupid questions" mindset. In addition to the concise network of resources we offer, we occasionally host local meet-ups to get to know each other and our rigs on a more personal level. To continue reading about our core values, <a href="https://tacoma3g.com/terms/">please click here</a>.</small></p>

<p><small>Tacoma3G.com and associated social media are privately owned and managed by <i><a href="https://www.youtube.com/wanderingwinterfields" target="blank">The Wandering Winterfields</a></i>.</small></p>

you can.
I found the problem. target="_blank" is ok. But you have target="blank" (no underscore) in the footer. And that's not ok in AMP.

Code:

<p><small>The mission of Tacoma3G is to provide 3rd Generation Tacoma and overland enthusiasts an informative, organized, and friendly community to discuss and learn to modify their trucks, entirely for free. The core of our community is built from like-minded individuals with a wide array of knowledge that are willing to guide you if you just bought your truck and have initial questions and/or are recently picking up the overland lifestyle. Even the most experienced can learn something new here and we always approach each discussion with a "no stupid questions" mindset. In addition to the concise network of resources we offer, we occasionally host local meet-ups to get to know each other and our rigs on a more personal level. To continue reading about our core values, <a href="https://tacoma3g.com/terms/">please click here</a>.</small></p>

<p><small>Tacoma3G.com and associated social media are privately owned and managed by <i><a href="https://www.youtube.com/wanderingwinterfields" target="blank">The Wandering Winterfields</a></i>.</small></p>
Thank you!

We are getting a lot of validation errors on our Google maps:

The tag 'iframe' may only appear as a descendant of tag 'noscript'. Did you mean 'amp-iframe'?

I am not sure if this is the solution, but I believe the following code needs to be added to the [HEAD] section of AMP pages:

HTML:
<script async custom-element="amp-iframe" src="https://cdn.ampproject.org/v0/amp-iframe-0.1.js"></script>

Disregard the above, it has already been added. However, we are still receiving those iframe errors.

Last edited:
you can.

Code:

Thanks for also helping here while I'm a sleep :) 👍

I sent them an email yesterday with some instructions about the footer containing the broken target value.

Simplest workaround for now would be to disable the footer, but the "correct fix" is to fix that broken markup in the footer :)

@mazzly Not Comaptibility with Xenforo Core Censoring Option because URL text are censorship.

View attachment 244655
Ahh so now I know why some forums have had those weird *** urls in their pages :D
I thought it was some legacy links from old/migrates forums etc.. But it is actually an XF feature.

Anyway: If a phrase/url has been censored in XF, then this AMP will help you find posts where you can remove those links ;)

I think that's a core xf bug, honestly. It's broken in standard markup just as it is in amp.
Yeah I think they just do a very basic "search and replace" and that one will match things inside url as well.
But on the other hand if a url contains some "bad phrase" it is probably good that the link also becomes invalid, and the AMPBot will help you find posts to be removed/edited :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom