AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
Does it work well with the plethora of CF optimization features like Railgun, Mirage, Rocket Loader, etc? Or are there caveats?
That is a very good question, honestly I have no idea..

I would assume that Cloudflare is smart enough not to apply all those things when it notices the <html ⚡> tag in beginning. (as AMP is anyway built "pre-optmized" so to speak)

I've just discovered (I think) the ampbot that I kept seeing people refer to. Nice (maybe make it a bit more obvious what/where it is!)

For those who are using cloudflare, please post which CF optimization features you use and if any of them gave issues.

@mazzly Is support coming for @Bob 's RMS, @Siropu 's Chat & ads, @NixFifty 's tickets & calendar?
Bobs addons: At least planning to make AMP support for ShowCase, AMS, UBS.. Don't see why RMS couldn't also be supported :)

Siropu Chat: I doubt it, as that one heavily depends on JS, which is not really compatible with AMP. Also: do you have the Chat allowed for guests? otherwise it doesn't matter, as this addon will likely never support "logged in users"

Ads: I think that one will have to be up to @Siropu honestly. The AMP addon utilizes XFs inbuilt ad positions, so if his plugins can add their magic on top of that, yes.

NixFifty tickets: not sure, calendar: should be supported already. @ichpen you had that running, didn't you?

I've just discovered (I think) the ampbot that I kept seeing people refer to. Nice (maybe make it a bit more obvious what/where it is!)
Yes, I'm planning to make a "onboarding" FAQ item with some checklist and instructions what will be possible :)

Bobs addons: At least planning to make AMP support for ShowCase, AMS, UBS.. Don't see why RMS couldn't also be supported :)

Siropu Chat: I doubt it, as that one heavily depends on JS, which is not really compatible with AMP. Also: do you have the Chat allowed for guests? otherwise it doesn't matter, as this addon will likely never support "logged in users"

Ads: I think that one will have to be up to @Siropu honestly. The AMP addon utilizes XFs inbuilt ad positions, so if his plugins can add their magic on top of that, yes.

NixFifty tickets: not sure, calendar: should be supported already. @ichpen you had that running, didn't you?

I don't have tickets but will have NixFifty classifieds running shortly which may need some amp love soon as @NixFifty gives it more love first. Calendar works last I checked.

Does it work well with the plethora of CF optimization features like Railgun, Mirage, Rocket Loader, etc? Or are there caveats?
I can confirm that it works fine with the Railgun feature if that helps, I have Rocket loader disabled since it doesn't work well with Xenforo, and no clue on Mirage. But yes with Cloudflare and Railgun it works fine.

Also I'm not sure how much added benefit those CF "speed things" have, since the content will mostly be served directly from Google/Bing caches :)

Also I'm not sure how much added benefit those CF "speed things" have, since the content will mostly be served directly from Google/Bing caches :)

CF optimizations still help in general, unless your forums has 100% traffic only from Google searches with 100% mobile visitors only :) I'm at 5-15% mobile and 85-95% desktop :D

Heck, than I have to wait until the old man comes back from the beach, giving his retirement a break ;)

Heck, than I have to wait until the old man comes back from the beach, giving his retirement a break ;)
Could you explain a bit what your needed "criterias" for ads would be? :)

I'm wondering because with AMP there are quite many limitations, like the user will always be guest, and since the content is (usually) served from search engine caches, the server won't really be able to serve up different ads etc for different device types etc.

The only criteria that would work for AMP pages are the node/thread-specific ones really...

Last edited:
Yes, Site 4 in the beta test sites had ~300K daily visitors.
I might be misreading but I show a user count of 500 - 750 daily users. I currently have around 9k daily users on 200k pageviews. What am I missing?

Last, I am trying to understand what this would look like. I visited joyfreak and added ?amp=1 to the URL and noticed some issues with avatars. Is this to be expected?

I might be misreading but I show a user count of 500 - 750 daily users. I currently have around 9k daily users on 200k pageviews. What am I missing?

Last, I am trying to understand what this would look like. I visited joyfreak and added ?amp=1 to the URL and noticed some issues with avatars. Is this to be expected?

Are you sure you clicked on the "Site 4" to open that tab with info for the larger site?

@JoyFreak had some customized avatar sizes that render weirdly in desktop mode.. We never did anything about that one since AMP pages will only show for mobile, and the avatars were good in mobile viewport/size.

Works fine on my forum, even if it’s hard customised.

It looks fine on mobile but yes, on desktop the avatars are out of place because they are rendering the large version. Default renders medium, IIRC. As we’ve established, amp targets mobile devices so I never really bothered with adding css to “fix” it.

Top Bottom