AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
Are you sure you clicked on the "Site 4" to open that tab with info for the larger site?

@JoyFreak had some customized avatar sizes that render weirdly in desktop mode.. We never did anything about that one since AMP pages will only show for mobile, and the avatars were good in mobile viewport/size.
I must have clicked Site 3.

Do you know where in this graph AMP was installed and is there any available data show the previous months trend and the same time period for last year? I am trying to come up with some type of projection that I can turn into an expected return.

1611002668218.webp

Also, does add-on support have to be specifically built in? I use a custom articles system that I wrote. I am assuming that I would need to create a bridge.

Could you explain a bit what your needed "criterias" for ads would be? :)

I'm wondering because with AMP there are quite many limitations, like the user will always be guest, and since the content is (usually) served from search engine caches, the server won't really be able to serve up different ads etc for different device types etc.

The only criteria that would work for AMP pages are the node/thread-specific ones really...

it would be extremely cool having a sticky bottom ad position. It features really well on our wordpress amp pages

amp_style_custom.less has logo styles and AMP_CONTAINER inserts the logo (and all other things).

There is a suggestion (and plan) to add more styling options like this, but it might take a while as we're focusing on adding support for more "content-critical" things at the moment :)

Yes, we actually kind of recommend running the forum behind CF, as they support "AMP Real URL" which is good for lowering bounce rate.

Roughly ~62% of our customers are actually running their forums on CF and almost all of them have enabled the "AMP Real URL" option :)

Thanks for your reply.
I would like to ask one more ( stupid) question:
Does this addon working independently in my site after installing it or does it depend on your site (using your site as a proxy server?)

Could you explain a bit what your needed "criterias" for ads would be? :)

I'm wondering because with AMP there are quite many limitations, like the user will always be guest, and since the content is (usually) served from search engine caches, the server won't really be able to serve up different ads etc for different device types etc.

The only criteria that would work for AMP pages are the node/thread-specific ones really...
Sure. We are using the AdManager as a self service for advertisers, where we can target slots like "under 1st, 5th, 10th, last" post. Nothing fancy. The point with device detection could be indeed a problem. Now I see where you are coming from.

it would be extremely cool having a sticky bottom ad position. It features really well on our wordpress amp pages
The amp-sticky-ads component could be used for this I think :) Should be possible to add the code for that in the ad position "after opening <body>-tag"

Do you know where in this graph AMP was installed and is there any available data show the previous months trend and the same time period for last year? I am trying to come up with some type of projection that I can turn into an expected return.
I just know the owner of the forum said he had "been stuck" just under 300K daily visitors for a long time before installing the addon, not really sure what that timeframe is.

Also, does add-on support have to be specifically built in? I use a custom articles system that I wrote. I am assuming that I would need to create a bridge.
This very much depends on how it is built.. If the addon is "public" and used by many forums, we will likely add support for it in our addon at some point. If it is just running on your forum you might have to do some coding to get it rendering correctly.

Does this addon working independently in my site after installing it or does it depend on your site (using your site as a proxy server?)
The addon itself runs fine without our site.. The added benefit of our site is the AMPBot validating pages and showing things that you might need to fix etc.
So if e.g. our site would be down for maintenance, your site won't be affected.

The amp-sticky-ads component could be used for this I think :) Should be possible to add the code for that in the ad position "after opening <body>-tag"

I tried, but it appears on top of the page and it's not sticky. I think it needs a specific position/script

Is there anyway (or maybe I am just missing the setting) to increase the header height, and make your logo display larger like on the standard mobile display? It shrinks my header and logo on my site.

Is there anyway (or maybe I am just missing the setting) to increase the header height, and make your logo display larger like on the standard mobile display? It shrinks my header and logo on my site.
At the moment you can edit the template amp_style_custom.less there is a .logo-container class with width set to 50% :)

I will later add better styling options from the style properties etc

At the moment you can edit the template amp_style_custom.less there is a .logo-container class with width set to 50% :)

I will later add better styling options from the style properties etc
That helped out a lot. I through some padding in there which fixed my header problem as well. Maybe a future setting under Style Properties where you could manual set them would come in handy. :)

That helped out a lot. I through some padding in there which fixed my header problem as well. Maybe a future setting under Style Properties where you could manual set them would come in handy. :)
Yep, there is a suggestion for more flexibility over the logo, as some want it "fixed size" and next to the menu button :) 👍

This add-on is intriguing and I'm sure it works well; I'll probably try it.

But the reviews it has seem questionable. As a whole they read like they are a set of paid reviews.

But the reviews it has seem questionable. As a whole they read like they are a set of paid reviews.
Well, I don't really know what to answer to that... Thanks? :D

I definitely paid for the add-on 🥴 I am not sure what's paid about the reviews here. This one generates AMP pages. That's it. It does not magically boost your site's rankings or improve ad revenue. That bit is still dependent upon the content you have and the kind of traffic you get.

I did purchased the addon too, really happy with developer support. Once I’ll see the addon results , I will definitely leave a review. But that’s only in my case.

It does not magically boost your site's rankings or improve ad revenue
Well.... it kinda does for some :) But no magic involved :D just simple logic: Google/Bing loves fast pages & AMP is really fast 👍
That bit is still dependent upon the content you have and the kind of traffic you get.
But yes, you are correct, if a person has a really new/small forum, or content that doesn't rank at all, or a penalized site, this addon likely won't help them grow their traffic much..

I did purchased the addon too, really happy with developer support. Once I’ll see the addon results , I will definitely leave a review. But that’s only in my case.
Looking forward to it :)

Top Bottom