AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
Does this have to have the 2.2 minimum requirement, or can I remove that and install it anyway?

Reactions: OCC
If I have usergroup-based permissions for ad display (e.g., Supporters do not see ads), will this add-on honor that?

If I have usergroup-based permissions for ad display (e.g., Supporters do not see ads), will this add-on honor that?
Hi,

Good question, the AMP pages will only be visible to new visitors that come in from search engines, i.e. they will always be "guests"

So you don't have to worry about different user groups for AMP pages :)

What is the best way to validate that it's actually working? I'm trying google search terms in incognito mode, but I can't tell any difference in the mobile experience on my threads.

What is the best way to validate that it's actually working? I'm trying google search terms in incognito mode, but I can't tell any difference in the mobile experience on my threads.
Open a normal thread page, and in the URL field add ?amp=1 :)

I was going to write a FAQ item for how to test that it works, but instead started looking into supporting 2.1 version also (which led me to install a 2.1 XF dev env....)

Open a normal thread page, and in the URL field add ?amp=1 :)
Very nice, working fine. Another question from me, so how will this start getting utilized? Should I resubmit my sitemap to Google search console or anything?

Very nice, working fine. Another question from me, so how will this start getting utilized? Should I resubmit my sitemap to Google search console or anything?
You don't need to do anything, simply sit back, relax, and wait :)

If you use Google Search Console you will soon start seeing the AMP menu item, and there it will show how many pages etc it has found and validated :)

It supports xenforo's default ad system, but what about another highly popular ad system such as @Siropu 's?

I use a theme by Pixel Exit which looks pretty fantastic on mobile. Will that change? Sorry If I've misunderstood.

Extremely interested. Many thanks!

damn. this looks interesting and something i would really want to get. but just checked my analytics and saw that visitor count (not page views) range from 5-7K which makes it just too expensive of an experiment to conduct. but glad to see that such an option does exists now for xenforo! congrats :)

It supports xenforo's default ad system, but what about another highly popular ad system such as @Siropu 's?
Siropu's ad manager is great for the "normal site" where you need to keep track of different types of users etc.. For AMP all the users will be guests.
If you setup AMP ads normally, they will work alongside with Siropus addon. (AMP ads render on AMP pages, Siropu ads render on normal pages)

If you need to have more control about which ads to show in which nodes etc, you might need to ask @Siropu if he can make his addon allow AMPXF ad positions.. (maybe they already can, if it allows "normal" positions??
I use a theme by Pixel Exit which looks pretty fantastic on mobile. Will that change? Sorry If I've misunderstood.
Hard to say, but I will guess it will look slightly different. One thing to note is that AMP pages are only served to new visitors that come in through Google. Once they start interacting with your forum more, they will be using the "normal site" and all of its CSS/JavaScript goodness :D
Extremely interested. Many thanks!
I'm very excited about this, because I have kinda "known" that it works (from my old sites where I implemented it).. But now also seeing the Beta test results I know for sure that it does help :)
damn. this looks interesting and something i would really want to get. but just checked my analytics and saw that visitor count (not page views) range from 5-7K which makes it just too expensive of an experiment to conduct. but glad to see that such an option does exists now for xenforo! congrats :)
Congratz on having a forum with that good daily visitor count!

I would suggest you take a look at your forum's regular monthly ad earnings, and then calculate how fast e.g. a 5% / 10% / 15% increase in ad revenue would pay of the initial investment ;) (that might help you make a decision)

Want to buy but holy crap, the price for a large website version is eh...steep!:censored:

I am using a custom ad network, wonder how that is going to work with AMP. Can you give support if I have questions about that?

I would suggest you take a look at your forum's regular monthly ad earnings
haha i did. i am from india and revenue per click is pretty much nothing compared to what it would be for european or american traffic. plus being a tech forum, majority of traffic is from ad blocking users. i honestly am not complaining about the high price. it's just too pricey from an indian forum owner's aspect. 250 euro is a lot of money for a project that has become more or less a hobby because of dwindling revenue. indian market is very price sensitive. and that's why we get localized pricing from popular services. for instance, spotify costs around USD 16 for a year compared to USD 120 for America :)

Want to buy but holy crap, the price for a large website version is eh...steep!:censored:
You usually get what you pay for ;)

I am using a custom ad network, wonder how that is going to work with AMP. Can you give support if I have questions about that?
Can you tell which ad network?

You can see a list of AMP supported ad networks here:

And yes I will help as much as I can if you have problems getting it setup :)

Can you explain this setting a bit further?
Make sure to set publicLogoHeight and publicLogoWidth to correct dimensions. To change the rendered size you should edit .logo-container inside template: amp_style_custom.less
My logo has very large dimensions (probably not advisable) but I force the size of it using publicLogoHeight for the site in general. I have the option selected to display my logo, but it's not displaying.

Can you explain this setting a bit further?

My logo has very large dimensions (probably not advisable) but I force the size of it using publicLogoHeight for the site in general. I have the option selected to display my logo, but it's not displaying.
Okay, so the way AMP images are rendered is that they need to know the dimensions of the image (to get the correct aspect ratio and "take up the correct space on the page while image loads").

It doesn't have to be the exact dimensions, the most important thing is that aspect ratio is correct, if image is eg 900x600, you could also put 300x200 which is same aspect ration.

The logo size on page is then limited to the value set in amp_style_custom.less.. I have plans to make this easier to define in options, but need to mull on it a bit still as it needs to fit for all the different types of forums that will install it :)

Top Bottom