AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
The user is free to remove the resource review if they want to. I don't think we prevent that. But we personally very rarely remove resource reviews and will rarely get involved.

We will generally remove reviews where it's clear that the person reviewing hasn't actually used the resource in question, or are explicitly leaving a bad review to be vindictive, or indeed we believe it to be a shill review.

In this particular example, the review apparently reflects the reviewer's experience while using the resource. The fault may not be with the resource itself but if there is a specific bad interaction with another add-on it may still be relevant to others, especially if they are also using the other add-on with a bad interaction.

From here things can still be put right. The user can just delete their review, if they wish. If the review stays a comment can be left by the resource author to counter the review. The review author can re-submit their review. Or people who think the review is unhelpful can vote it as such.

If the review is re-submitted for the same version it will replace the original review. If the review is re-submitted on a different version, both reviews will be visible (always good to see a negative experience turned into a positive one) but only the latest review from that user will count towards the score.

Last edited:
The user is free to remove the resource review if they want to. I don't think we prevent that.
Hmm well he responded that he couldn't see the delete button, but that he instead reported his own review for removal :D

I removed my answer to the review and asked him to try again, so maybe he was then able to delete it? or did you delete it after he reported it?
(If the former, maybe it's a bug that the original author can't delete their own review if addon dev has written an answer to it?)

@mazzly, any 2nd thoughts on Page Nodes? XenPorta getting support, but many of us use the "Page Node as Home Page" method for our homepage, and page nodes can also offer other key content. It has a good number of votes in your suggestion queue as well.

EDIT: oh, it's supported! I missed that :-)

EDIT: oh, it's supported! I missed that
Hehe yep, since a couple versions back when we added support for tag pages we also added the forum list/node pages :) 👍

Installed, the crawler stops sometimes, with error: 'too many invalid pages in a row'. Have I missed a setting?
This happens if if many pages in a row fail validating, which can be either due to something broken on all pages due to e.g. an ad, or it could also be something blocking the bot from accessing the thread pages.

could you open a support ticket on ampxf.com and we'll get it solved? :)

mazzly updated AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 with a new update entry:

1.3.8 Beta 3

• Broken URL checker to only run within <body>
  • Broken URL checker to allow _ in subdomains.
  • Autostrip non-allowed attributes like onload="" onblur="" onclick=""
  • Hide quick reply form for forums that have it enabled
  • Xenporta "Features" widget to show slider correctly with amp-carousel
  • XenAddons/Showcase don't AMP "reviews"-view on XF2.1 (probably temporary until fix)
  • Cleanup of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Have I got this right?

From a search, Google delivers my AMP page to the end user. as soon as anyone clicks anywhere on that page they are then using the regular non AMP site pages?

Have I got this right?

From a search, Google delivers my AMP page to the end user. as soon as anyone clicks anywhere on that page they are then using the regular non AMP site pages?
Yes, the idea of the AMP page is to "bring people in" as search engines prioritize faster pages for searches on mobile.. Since AMP is quite limited in what can be done (e.g. doesn't support logged in users) we want to "push them" to the real site as fast a possible. So when a visitor lands on your page and decides to continue browsing, they will get the "full experience" :) 👍

It looks like the trend "down" finally got replaced with the trend "up".

View attachment 248186
"Just Google things" :D

We also see an uptick on our own forum, both in indexed pages, as well as click coming through:
1615297028510.webp
1615297046223.webp(ignore the yellow ones, we were testing the JSON-LD which makes warnings)

Top Bottom