AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
Therefore, because people like me are not full programmers, we need AMP and thus get ads including:
No one said there is no need in AMP.

At the same time, the charts you just posted say that amp replaced regular pages but it didn't bring you extra traffic.
I have the same results.

I turned off adsense on amp pages. Will wait a week to see if G will like them better.

At the same time, the charts you just posted say that amp replaced regular pages but it didn't bring you extra traffic.
I have the same results.
That is not right.
Since we started using AMP, our clicks have increased from ~8k to ~12k.

I turned off adsense on amp pages. Will wait a week to see if G will like them better.
In all honesty I think that is too short time to tell if it works or not..
Also (please put your tinfoil hats on) Google might actually prefer to send visitors to pages serving ads through their own networks, why wouldn't they? (you may now take your tinfoil hats off :D)
That is not right.
Since we started using AMP, our clicks have increased from ~8k to ~12k.
I think we all need to agree that it works better for some than for others :)

Arguing back and forth about these things makes little sense. And if you really feel that you need to continue I would suggest you do it in a PM so we can focus on the AMPXF addon in this thread :D

In all honesty I think that is too short time to tell if it works or not..
Also (please put your tinfoil hats on) Google might actually prefer to send visitors to pages serving ads through their own networks, why wouldn't they? (you may now take your tinfoil hats off :D)
Agree on with "too short". Agree on "might prefer". Not agree with taking a tinfoil hat off, it would be too risky in this dangerous world. :)

Did some testing, with and without (Google) ads.

Mobile without ads:
insights_mobile_noads.webp

Desktop without ads:
insights_desktop_noads.webp

And now with ads, lets start with desktop:
insights_desktop_ads.webp

That's pretty good...but wait untill you see mobile:
insights_mobile_ads.webp

:cry:

For reference, the AMP variant:
insights_amp_noads.webp

This seems like it would be a pretty big issue. My Xenporta 2 Home Page looks like someone tossed a grenade in the room - it is a total mess and I can't have anyone landing on that as their first site view.
You can check the box "Disable AMP for Forum/Node pages" and use amp for threads pages only.

Since our landing/homepage is not a forum page, but a Xenporta page, this did not fix the issue. Good thought.
It actually helps, as it will remove the "meta tag" that links to the AMP page, so googlebot won't find the messy AMP page :) 👍
(you can still see the page if you manually visit it, but no new visitors will be sent there at least)

Top Bottom