No permission to buy (€50.00)
I would rather strip out some of the ones that "always load" which are:
  • Analytics
Then you also have to remove
Before:
<meta name="amp-consent-blocking" content="amp-analytics,amp-ad" />
After:
<meta name="amp-consent-blocking" content="amp-ad" />

With all my optimizations (all AweSome fonts commented out, analytics commented out)
and one GoogleAD
I now have the following result with version 1.3.7-B1
1614452822744.png

What I still don't understand is why I can't get the "cls" under 0,14

1614453090324.png

Last edited:
It gets funnier: the local amp URLs keep using the old woff files but the Google amp pages use the new version...

Maybe I just have to drink coffee for a couple of hours and try again😉
Solved it by saving amp_fa.css again :sneaky:

Before changes, with default fonts:
1.webp

After changes (thanks @Kirby):
2.webp

Scores are the same but I'm still happy with the result. The woff files went from 185/137/76kb to 17/14/4kb (y)

With all my optimizations (all AweSome fonts commented out, analytics commented out)
and one GoogleAD
I now have the following result with version 1.3.7-B1
Looks nice. Too bad LCP didn't get in the picture. How big it is?
Also, you can't remove GAnalytics if you serve adsense. It's a requirement. Can't prove it with a link, but I read it somewhere on adsense support when had problems with ads earnings.
Big CLS means you have something like a picture (logo?) without dimensions defined. It loads longer than text and when loaded and appears, it shifts text down.

I can't get the "cls" under 0,14
oh, and that CLS 0.14 is not result of your test. Numbers for a page you are testing are under Lab Data. Above are summary of all your pages for last 30 days.
by the way what a server do you have that gives those numbers? a main computer of NASA? )))

oh, and that CLS 0.14 is not result of your test. Numbers for a page you are testing are under Lab Data. Above are summary of all your pages for last 30 days.
by the way what a server do you have that gives those numbers? a main computer of NASA? )))
The CLS value is also used in the GSC. That's why he's important to me.
This is a root server, rented from hetzner.de and set up and optimized by me. :)

The following values are those of the same site, only from the amp/desktop. This is how I would like to have the mobile values ......
1614496038738.png

Last edited:
This is a root server, rented from hetzner.de and set up and optimized by me. :)
Wow.
The following values are those of the same site, only from the amp/desktop. This is how I would like to have the mobile values ......
Who wouldn't? )
We use Adsense without GAnalytics for years.
Hmm. I'll have to go there back and read again.
And here are the Values with LCP (Mobile)/Amp) for your eyes only ;)
I guess that cookies consent (or whatever they call it) hurts your LCP.

Probably without any ads.

That website is pretty darn fast nevertheless!
Nah, it´s no secret that Kirby is working for a german company called forumhome GmbH & Co. KG since half a decade (?). The company buys up lucrative german comunity forums and subsequently operates them, naturally with its own advertising partners and corresponding direct marketing. I strongly assume that the meanwhile perfected server- and forum optimizations did not come about by chance, but are Kirby's work, among others ;)

The CLS value is also used in the GSC. That's why he's important to me.

View attachment 247555
Hetzner is awesome, I use them myself for the server running AMPXF and some other sites :)

That's impressive! :)

We've got a new Beta release coming out later tonight with some URL cleanup features :)

You can get good Web vitals even without AMP :)
Yes, without GoogleAds and with the help of trained, expensive developers who adapt the forum software to what the developers of XF cannot (want?) Are you kidding ... ;(

Last edited:
mazzly updated AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 with a new update entry:

1.3.7 Beta 2

This is a beta release :)
  • fix so that $xf.isAMP can be used as display criteria for widgets
  • URL cleanup improvements
    • better cleanup of broken links for migrated forums.
    • autocleanup tel: and mailto: links that have been prepended with http(s)://
    • If the addon encounters an URL that is clearly broken it will escape it so that the googlebot validator doesn't react to it, and still considers it "valid"...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom