AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
This looks great well done. I have a radio JavaScript radio player on my site. Would this not work if I installed this add-on? site is www.oldskoolanthems.com
Looking at the site it seems to be an icecast2 stream, and the HTML5 (and AMP) <audio>-tags do support that. So it will at least be possible to have the audio stream playing.

Getting the "live data of artist + title" might not be possible though, especially as the content is usually served from Google/Bing AMP caches which is not "live"..

Note that the AMP pages are just to bring new visitors in due to search engine position improvement. Once the visitor continues to browse your site they will redirect to the "real site" with all it's JS-goodness :)

mazzly updated AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 with a new update entry:

1.3.6 Beta 1: Forum nodes and tag pages

Note: Don't install this version unless you are willing to have a forumlist / tagview AMP page that might look funky due to some other addon/widget incompatibility. (This is the initial version)
  • Added AMP variant for "tag view" (e.g. www.yourforum.com/tags/pizza-recipes)
    • Requested by a customer that ranks good for tag pages related to certain topics 👍
  • Added AMP variant for "main forum list" and "node list" pages
  • Disable pageCache for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Would love to see some updated traffic reports for this addon, now that it's been running for a while :).

So when I check amp pages with PageSpeed Insights (both urls from my domain and G AMP Cache URL), among other things it suggests using AMP Optimizer for server rendering. Will it really speed up? Or I will just kill my time messing with it? )

Would love to see some updated traffic reports for this addon, now that it's been running for a while :).
@Nirjonadda @tonmo how are your stats holding up?
Here is one of the sites from Beta:
1613643653527.png
So when I check amp pages with PageSpeed Insights (both urls from my domain and G AMP Cache URL), among other things it suggests using AMP Optimizer for server rendering. Will it really speed up? Or I will just kill my time messing with it? )
We have that down the line to investigate if we can incorporate it with the addon, but honestly I don't see it improving speed more than maybe 1-3% further.
It is currently also prioritized lower due to the reason that we don't see it as an immediate concern.

It would mostly help "speed up" the page if a visitor comes to an AMP page through twitter (Google/Bing are already running that on Optimizer on the AMP CDN)

1.3.6 Beta 1: Forum nodes and tag pages
Installed. ) Looks like it works fine so far. The only "thing" I could find was this unlinked "Filters" word in forumviews.

Plus I don't think I like top pagination buttons.
If we expect that mostly these pages are visited by first-time visitors that came from google search, why would we want to put on the top place a button "go from this page to another page"?

Here are my results so far:

1613649243503.png
Install date January 9th.
Google indexed (only) 8K of AMP pages so this might need some more time:

1613650847486.webp

Last edited:
1613650789323.webp
Installed on 1/9; you can see the spike but nothing exciting sustained just yet. GSC is only recognizing a small % of my amp pages as previously reported... (like 1-2%?) ...not sure how to break through on that. I haven't re-run the math on adsense revenue, etc., but I think it's all leveled back to "normal" levels (pre-amp) over the past week or two. Nice bump for a couple/few weeks, but not sure Google wants to support anything breakout -- for me, at least!

BTW I installed the version of AMPXF which supports Bob's AMS articles add-on on 1/26. I did a comparison of activity from 1/6 - 1/26 vs. 1/27 - 2/17. Overall PV for articles are down -26.45%. For comparison, threads are down -7.15%. Sitewide, pageviews are down -13.91%. 🤷‍♂️

...maybe AMPXF is stripping out some very valuable SEO features in Bob's add-on - anyone else having negative impact with AMS?

Oh wow, gone for a couple of hours and a lot of things to respond to :)
Will do the things I can answer fast, and then longer answers for the graphs, as they can easily be misinterpreted :D

I don't understand.
It is a Beta release, and the AMP page for tags and "forum list" views might not look good if you have other addons running that add widgets etc on top of the page.. On my own forum it looks good, but I don't run any addons that do widgets for guests there.

Installed. ) Looks like it works fine so far. The only "thing" I could find was this unlinked "Filters" word in forumviews.

Plus I don't think I like top pagination buttons.
If we expect that mostly these pages are visited by first-time visitors that came from google search, why would we want to put on the top place a button "go from this page to another page"?
Does it look the same if you visit that page as a visitor? it might be some buttons still show if you are logged in :) Try as logged out or through e.g. incognito/private mode :) 👍
Not really what you expect ? Which date did you install AMPXF ?
Just a note: this was his results after initial 7 days, the graph doesn't show this too well without extra lines drawn in :)
BTW I installed the version of AMPXF which supports Bob's AMS articles add-on on 1/26. I did a comparison of activity from 1/6 - 1/26 vs. 1/27 - 2/17. Overall PV for articles are down -26.45%. For comparison, threads are down -7.15%. Sitewide, pageviews are down -13.91%. 🤷‍♂️
Try limiting the "second part" to cut off already at 6/7th February, as there was apparently a Google algo update 7/8th..
...maybe AMPXF is stripping out some very valuable SEO features in Bob's add-on - anyone else having negative impact with AMS?
That's a good idea and I will double check it 👍, although the AMP addon doesn't really strip out any meta tags, but mostly content that is not allowed by AMP spec anyway :)

I will have to run out for some errands, but will return soon with responses to the various graphs :D

Does it look the same if you visit that page as a visitor? it might be some buttons still show if you are logged in :) Try as logged out or through e.g. incognito/private mode
yep, still can see it when logged out and in incognito mode. (left side of a bar, not right side as on a regular non amp page)

Sorry about the slightly similar colors, I didn't realize XF forums only allowed a few colors :D

Anyway, here are my takes on the graphs, I painted in some lines for the previous lows and highs, as that is a good way to be able to see if traffic has trended up or not in the cases where it is not 100% clear :)
Here is one of the sites from Beta:
View attachment 246614
Okay so here comes the same graph as above, zoomed in and with lines drawn in:
google update.webp
  • Green color is the "top"
  • Red color is the "bottom"
  • Orange divider is the 7/8th (depending on timezone) February Google update (source)
Okay, so as you can see that site has quite nice traffic peaks during weekends, with less during weeks. During the weekend of 7th February the peak was much lower, and the weekend after a bit lower. Luckily that site wasn't affected much as the lower trendline still seem to hold steady.

Performance:

View attachment 246623

@mazzly You are not recommended using 1.3.6 Beta 1 Version?
nirjonadda.webp
  • Green divider is install date
  • Orange divider is google update
  • Dark green line is "previous top"
  • Green line is "new top"
  • Red lines are the previous bottoms
After installing the addon the site reached new tops, and never really touched the previous low again, apart from a few days before G update.
It seems this site has survived the Google update, but might be too early to tell..
Here are my results so far:
mrjinx.webp
  • Green divider is first install date (accoring to AMPBot)
After addon update, it didn't reach previous high (the first high is excluded, seems to be some "viral traffic?"). The previous lows on the other hand were not touched again until just before the Google update. After the google update the Impressions stats seems to have taken quite a hit, and clicks of course will follow to some extent. Might still of course be google testing, so can come back up, but only time will tell.

View attachment 246630
Installed on 1/9; you can see the spike but nothing exciting sustained just yet. GSC is only recognizing a small % of my amp pages as previously reported... (like 1-2%?) ...not sure how to break through on that. I haven't re-run the math on adsense revenue, etc., but I think it's all leveled back to "normal" levels (pre-amp) over the past week or two. Nice bump for a couple/few weeks, but not sure Google wants to support anything breakout -- for me, at least!
tonmo.webp
  • Green divider is first install date (accoring to AMPBot)
Really nice tops in beginning, but didn't seem to hold.. Previous lows now touched until recently after latest google update, but doesn't look too bad, might come back up to the same level it was before Google update.

With the lines drawn in, the graphs make more sense and you can decide for yourself if you see a traffic growth or not :)

@mazzly Having Font Awesome icons issue for main forum list, Node icon are not showing. Also not compatible with @AddonFlare Advanced Forum Stats addon. Please can you give compatible update?

View attachment 246644
Sure can add compatibility if @AddonFlare sends me a debug package :)
Otherwise for now you can hide that weird looking thing by adding the following to amp_extra.less:
CSS:
.forumStatsContainer {
    display: none;
}

Icons I will look into :) 👍

Top Bottom