AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
Two queries. Any way to add underlink to links? Where and how the custom css can be added!

Second... I have a custom bbcode manually created to embed PDF files using Google Viewer. Pages containing these embeds are obviously creating errors. Was wondering if there was a way to ignore iframes like it already ignore non-supported media embeds. Or should I just disable the custom bbcode to maintain amp compatibility? Thanks!

Two queries. Any way to add underlink to links? Where and how the custom css can be added!
Edit the ACP > Appearance > templates and edit the template "amp_style_custom.less"

In it add something like:
CSS:
a {
    text-decoration: underline;
}
Note however, that that code will likely add underline to all links on the AMP page, so you might want to make it more specific :)

If the links are underlined on the canonical version of your site, it should also be underlined in the AMP version btw ;)

Second... I have a custom bbcode manually created to embed PDF files using Google Viewer. Pages containing these embeds are obviously creating errors. Was wondering if there was a way to ignore iframes like it already ignore non-supported media embeds. Or should I just disable the custom bbcode to maintain amp compatibility? Thanks!
Can you open a support requests with some links to pages like this? I'm quite sure there is something that can be done to still show those embeds on AMP

Uow! That’s interesting.

Can you please share this custom bbcode? Would be very useful for me.
match url: ((?'id'.*\.pdf))
embed template: <iframe loading="lazy" width="100%" height="500" src="https://docs.google.com/viewer?url={$id}&amp;embedded=true" style="border: none;" ></iframe>

does not always work though. can live without it tbh for amp benefits.

i do have extra.less css to underline post content links. but they are not replicating in amp pages. would open a ticket thanks!

Just to let you know that you have a new customer.
The add-on is activated, I will start the setup tomorrow. :)
Good night

The AMPBot has found quite many pages, it seems that there is some custom JS (ad) that is not allowed by the AMP spec. Please see https://ampxf.com/faq/how-to-add-ads.3 :)

Once they are fixed you can send me a support request on the ampxf site, and I can remove all of those pages found so far (so you don't have to click them away one-by-one :D )

Hi,
@mazzly : OK I have deactivated temporary all my ads on mobile and it seems to be ok.
Let's start this way knowing that my main visitors are on desktop and I continue to display ads to them. ;-)
I send you a support request.
Thanks
David

Small issue:
If you disable 'EUGDPR / CCPA consent dialogs', the default cookie XF notice is displayed even if you also disable 'Show cookie notice to guests'

If you disable 'EUGDPR / CCPA consent dialogs', the default cookie XF notice is displayed even if you also disable 'Show cookie notice to guests'
Good point! I will make it respect the standard XF option in the next release :)

It's very rarely that devs consider non-profit sites and make special offers for them. On behalf of them I want to thank you. I hope I can upgrade to 2.2 soon and hope nothing breaks :D.
I wish you good luck on your upgrade :) Always exciting to see if an upgrade will go through flawlessly or not... :D

Reactions: sbj
Hi everyone,
My first steps with the add-on are great, thank you again @mazzly for your great support.
I would love to be able to make my homepage amp compliant.
Do you plan to make this possible or will we have just (99.99% of our pages :-)) the threads?
Thanks
David

Hi everyone,
My first steps with the add-on are great, thank you again @mazzly for your great support.
I would love to be able to make my homepage amp compliant.
Do you plan to make this possible or will we have just (99.99% of our pages :)) the threads?
Thanks
David
Thanks for the kind words! :)

Threads are main focus for now.
After that Blogs, Articles & Marketplaces from addons like xenaddon/(UBS|AMS|ShowCase)
- XF 2.2 Article threads are already supported btw 👍

There is a suggestion for "AMP thread nodes" on ampxf.com, but I'm not sure about that one yet (needs extra css, but doesn't really contain any content that helps rank for things)

User profiles: probably not, usually don't have content on them and I've rarely seen that a user-profile would rank for anything in search engines..
Login pages: same, only a simple form

To summarize which pages should be AMP:
Any "page type" that will hold content (preferably minimum 400+ words) is a candidate for AMP, rest not really :) This based on the fact that search engines don't like so called "thin content", and adding AMP for those is therefore "wasted work" :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom