AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
Bob's add-ons, for example, do not work with AMPXF. Suggestions have been made, and I hope to see, in particular, AMS integrated soon.
Yes, AMS support would be GREAT. Note, that doesn't mean AMPXF "breaks" it. AMPXF only supports threads and posts currently, so anything else is simply not in scope and will render normally. It is only for search engine traffic on mobile (i.e., Guests), and whatever you click on the page will render the full version of the destination page. I have a LOT of add-ons and there are no appreciable issues, especially when you consider the objective (get non-visitors directly into the content they were searching for, without other distractions / bells & whistles). Notably, XFES similar threads is supported, which is great.
Yeah. I already suggested the compability with Bob's AMS. Is a must have, specially for any website that generates CMS content.

I'm sure the add on support is going to keep going, since the developer is providing one of the best assistance around all this community, just like Bob.
I've already contacted Bob and received the needed things to do debugging and support for it, but I can't promise any ETA yet, maybe during the weekend I will have more time to look into it :)
Yes the XFES was added as me myself and some of the beta testers had a need for it :) XFES is good for lowering your bounce rate :)

Dont edit Templates...

Use:
ACP -> Advertising -> ad position -> "After opening of <body>-tag [AMP]" insert your

<amp-auto-ads type="adsense" data-ad-client="ca-pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxx"></amp-auto-ads>

Thats it...
I updated the FAQ item to explain about <amp-auto-ads> now also :)

Last edited:
I just activated addon and tested, so far, so good. I read through the entire discussion here, no mention of making changes to Cloudflare with the addon, and I’ve left my settings as is for the moment.

Should I be making changes here:

9EAFC529-7A4F-4429-A021-0BD9F8280F5A.png

I just activated addon and tested, so far, so good. I read through the entire discussion here, no mention of making changes to Cloudflare with the addon, and I’ve left my settings as is for the moment.

Should I be making changes here:

View attachment 244009
Yes, enable it.. It will lower your bounce rates as the site looks "more legit" when someone lands on your page from e.g. Google.

The ampbot gives tips about this when it notices your are running behind CF, but for some reason it refuses to cooperate with your site at the moment, I need to look into why later today. (I'm wondering if CF is blocking it since it is a "bot")

Last edited:
Cf bot blocking is very aggressive. I did disable it on my account after installing your addon. Firewall tab should show if it is being blocked.

Just trying this on my test site. The amp version of shows the header image, with page titile breadcrumbs over the top so (a) the header is too tall and (b) the breadcrumbs are illegible. Is there a way to disable the header image (which is actually part of the page background)

Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 12.39.36.webp

Thanks

Just trying this on my test site. The amp version of shows the header image, with breadcrumbs over the top so (a) the header is too tall and (b) the breadcrumbs are illegible. Is there a way to disable the header image (which is actually part of the page background)

Thanks
The AMP logo can be disabled from the ACP > Options > AMP page settings

Could you maybe open a support case with some screenshots? or maybe give me access to visit the test site? :)

I'm thinking it might be nice if you can show the logo and have it look good :)

@Mr Lucky Hmm, that looks like it could be some other addon doing things.. is there any way you could allow me access to visit the test site so I can debug the style/markup and see what might be causing it? :)

@CivilWarTalk I debugged it and found out that your CF firewall is blocking the robot. Please look at the instructions I sent on PM, if they work (they should) I will add this so that the AMPBot itself can inform our users about it :)

i turned on bot firewall in my cf account few minutes ago. ampbot seems to be working fine so far.
It also depends on what level you set the CF FW to, but if it starts failing it will soon mention so on the AMPXF dashboard with instructions what needs to be done :) 👍

Bot Fight Mode does not seem to have any customization at least on free accounts :) But yeah, the Security Level setting might cause issues.

This is great work @mazzly - loving it so far.

Any plans to work with @Siropu for AdManager 2 integration? The number one thing I'd like to be able to do is utilize some of his more advanced positions like "After post x" to insert an amp ad in amp pages.

Also, any advice on whether we should be telling cloudflare to redirect mobile users to the amp version of a page using a page rule, or are we just counting on google to append the amp string on mobile search results?

Any plans to work with @Siropu for AdManager 2 integration? The number one thing I'd like to be able to do is utilize some of his more advanced positions like "After post x" to insert an amp ad in amp pages.

I reverted the amp ads to the built in system despite having that add on as well.
Not sure i'd want the extra overhead on the amp page.

Also, any advice on whether we should be telling cloudflare to redirect mobile users to the amp version of a page using a page rule, or are we just counting on google to append the amp string on mobile search results?

i would not redirect. Let google decide. nearly all my mobile search traffic is amp after just 5 weeks. just turn the option on to turn google.com/amp/yourdomain/ to your domain.

No near-term plans at least, currently focusing on making the theming/styling of logo usable for all cases, and after that will be compatibility with other content-related addons like bob UBS/AMS, as those are were AMP can also have a good impact on brining in more traffic from search engines.
"After post x" to insert an amp ad in amp pages
Are we talking specific ids of posts, or are we more generally talking "every N:th" post? both of the are possible also with <xf:if>-tags, so if you don't have too many ads like that, the same thing could be acheived.

Here is one I use myself that inserts one every third post, starting from the second post:
HTML:
<xf:if is="({$post.position} % 3 == 1)">
    <amp-ad ....></amp-ad>
</xf:if>
I would advice to not to do that, as the "normal XF site" has more functionality for your registered users and AMP is more of a "trick" (for the lack of a better word) to get more traffic with the speedy pages. Google will send traffic to the AMP pages automatically once it finds them 👍

Good date to the lovely couple!

Go rest and enjoy yourself with your family.

Our best regards mazzly!
Thanks, it was lovely, went to a tasting place that served us a big spread of wines, cheeses and meats :)

i would not redirect. Let google decide. nearly all my mobile search traffic is amp after just 5 weeks. just turn the option on to turn google.com/amp/yourdomain/ to your domain.
Yes, that one is recommended :)

No near-term plans at least, currently focusing on making the theming/styling of logo usable for all cases, and after that will be compatibility with other content-related addons like bob UBS/AMS, as those are were AMP can also have a good impact on brining in more traffic from search engines.

Are we talking specific ids of posts, or are we more generally talking "every N:th" post? both of the are possible also with <xf:if>-tags, so if you don't have too many ads like that, the same thing could be acheived.

Here is one I use myself that inserts one every third post, starting from the second post:
HTML:
<xf:if is="({$post.position} % 3 == 1)">
    <amp-ad ....></amp-ad>
</xf:if>
Thanks. Just so I am clear, do I add this to the AMP_CONTAINER template, or create a new position using that targeting?

Thanks. Just so I am clear, do I add this to the AMP_CONTAINER template, or create a new position using that targeting?
That code can be used in the HTML-field when you create an Advertisement of the following Position:

mazzly updated AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 with a new update entry:

Release 1.1.6 with various fixes & compatibilty with theme improvements

• Style property: AMP Page Body which allows to override the body color for AMP
    • This brings further compatibility with some themes that use transparent background on the normal p-body and add extra layers of elements to actually set it the color they want..
  • Automagically insert <amp-sticky-ads> for sites that define sticky ads
  • Bugfix: Attachments were not clickable due to a missing z-index rule
  • Bugfix(XFES): Reaction summary...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom