aMember Pro with XenForo2 Plugin

aMember Pro with XenForo2 Plugin [Paid] 1.0

No permission to buy ($220.00)

sub_ubi

sub_ubi submitted a new resource:

Xenforo integration for aMember Pro - Plugin for aMember user management software

Overview
aMember is member management software for use on your own server, fully written in PHP. This plugin integrates XenForo with aMember by redirecting login, registration, and password change requests from XenForo to aMember. aMember will then manage each member's usergroups, login, and recovery information.

Having worked with aMember on improving the XenForo 2 plugin to follow...

Read more about this resource...

The pricing is correct as even though aMember is currently running a deal, the full price should be listed (as it is).

Though we would obviously prefer aMember to post this up directly from their account, if they want to let the person who developed it with them do so, then thats their choice. If anyone is suspicious, just go to aMembers site directly.

if they want to let the person who developed it with them do so, then thats their choice.

But the OP said he had no affiliation with them, just had been a user for many years, not a developer. So I can expect the OP to provide support for this if I was to purchase it?

I'm happy to answer questions and provide light support / code snippets. Anything beyond my scope can be sent to the help desk. I will not log in to your server to resolve an issue, for example.

I'm happy to answer questions and provide light support / code modifications. Anything beyond my scope can be sent to the help desk.

That great, but leaves me with a question, earlier you mentioned that you are not affiliated with aMember and are just a customer. So is your support and minor code modifications 100% backed by aMember?

@ozzy47, I presume you have no intention of purchasing this add-on, so you appear to be stirring the pot for the sake of it.

For years, we have had issues with aMember and how it integrates with XF, particularly the permission system.
It has resulted in numerous support tickets and threads.

This person appears to have gone out of their way to resolve all of those issues and ensure aMember works with XF as intended, thereby improving the functionality for our customers and their members.

I really don't understand the animosity and hostility you are displaying, so I suggest you drop out of this thread unless you have a genuine interest in the resource.

In my opinion the way that price appears here should confuse many people. Even myself (owning 2 aMember licenses since 2003). RM lists addons, so the price of addon must appears which is $40. So I suggest to change the price to $40, or change: Additional requirements: aMember Pro software to: Price Includes aMember license.

In my opinion the way that price appears here should confuse many people. Even myself (owning 2 aMember licenses since 2003). RM lists addons, so the price of addon must appears which is $40. So I suggest to change the price to $40.

I'm not sure that would comply with the rules:

Any price listed for your resource must accurately reflect the price paid without taking any other steps (such as enrolling in a subscription service). If your price is listed exclusive of tax that may be applied, please indicate this in the description.
https://xenforo.com/community/help/resource-guidelines/

or change: Additional requirements: aMember Pro software to: Price Includes aMember license

Good idea, done.

I think the correct way is to reflect the price of the addon only and not the price of the external service included.

See as an example this:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-image-optimizer.5723/

Of course an official response should be better, but this is how it is done usually.

I mean there are also a lot of addons which only work in combination with XF Resource Manager or XF Media Gallery.
And nobody lists the prices of RM or MG in the addons price.
They list those things as additionally required.

Hi,

I'm just wondering, if a user signs up, are they automatically logged into Xenforo? If I set the after login redirect on aMember to go to a page in Xenforo only members can see, will it work immediately?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm just wondering, if a user signs up, are they automatically logged into Xenforo? If I set the after login redirect on aMember to go to a page in Xenforo only members can see, will it work immediately?

Thanks.

Unless if something has changed, aMember works in conjunction with xF usergroups. When you'll set a service/subscription in aMember you can select a xenForo usergoup to upgrade the user who bought it. If the service/subscription expires without renewal, or user cancels it, the user goes back to his original usergroup (registered users).

So the important point is firstly to create a usergroup to xenForo setting extra permissions as you want and then to activate a subscription to aMembers.

In a short, from my own experiance using aMember with vBulletin and others scripts, aMember is very powerful but you need some time to learn to use it. Another plus (at least for me), is that aMember script includes a full Ticketing Support section, in case that you need something like this in your site.

PS: I'm in no way affiliate with aMember or the person who post this thread here. I'm just a holder of 2 aMember licenses since 2003. 15 full years now. Their support is great, they have an active community, and they release new upgrades with extra features very often,

Hi,

Thanks.

Just saw this thread, I know it is from a while ago but wanted to answer for people interested in addition to the previous answer. I have been using amember since 2008, I understand how it might scare people the fact that user registration and login is handled by amember but amember also handles single login for all connected platforms which is why is appropriate that it becomes the reference database.

When somebody logs into amember, it is automatically logged in also in xenforo and whatever other platform is connected to amember, like wordpress for example.

For many years I used amember connected with vbulletin (before xen) and 2 wordpress installations at the same time. People would just login to amember and were logged into vb, and both wp.

All connected platforms redirect to amember for registration and login and amember creates the users and assigns appropriate specified permissions. Every connected platforms has a plugin in amember where you can see and assign the available permissions, being groups in xenforo or roles in wordpress or whatever another platforms has as a way to control access.

As far as redirecting registrations and logins, that's done with a plugin for each platform, so you just install the plugin and it does the modifications needed to the registration and login pages of that platform.

So there is a plugin for xenforo integration that cost $40 for what I understand (I bought it a while ago but it sounds right). You get the amember plugin to be installed in amember and the little addon to install in xenforo that turns off xenforo registration (or you need to turn that off in the options, I don't remember) and redirects signups and logins to the amember login page. The amember login page can look as the rest of the site.

For wordpress integration, I think the plugin comes with the script by default (not sure) and it has the plugin that you install in wp that adds permissions controls in wordpress. In that case on each page when you edit you get an amember box where you can specify which active subscription can access that page. Or you can do it by wp categories or you can do it with user roles.

As far as permissions options for the xenforo plugin in amember, you can assign the main group and also multiple secondary groups to a user and also define the priority order in case of multiple groups. You can also define groups that amember will never touch in case of a change in subscription (either active or non active or when the user buys a new one, useful for admins for examples or the banned group if you want).

For each subscription, you can tell amember which groups to assign and what to do when that subscription expires (or you can do it by category of subscriptions).

On the other side (meaning for payments), it connects with the most payment plugins, so if you use something not too common, most likely it will be there.

And one other thing, when I have asked for custom modifications (paid), the price was reasonable and the more useful ones got rolled into the product. And I think they often improve the software capabilities incorporating customizations that they do for people, so you get stuff that is useful and that you would not expect necessarily.

When I implemented a learndash site, there was no integration at the time in amember and I had to upgrade from amember 3 to 4. I thought, being a major upgrade either way I tried to use a wordpress based membership plugin that integrated with learndash. I thought I was going to get more or less the same experience but I was very wrong and I even tried a second wordpress plugin that was an improvement but nothing close to amember.

So I ended up having amember include in the wordpress plugin the capability to assign users to learndash courses and I am pretty sure that now the plugin supports learndash for everybody if needed.

I am just a client, I have been here since using xenforo, nobody told me post, I just saw a good question and wanted to contribute. If you run any kind of subscription/membership site and you are not happy with what you are using, it is definitively something to pay attention to and check out in my opinion.

Last edited:
What would be the cost to have Opencart added, we use Opencart for our store, Zendesk for our Support Desk, and Xenforo for our forums. I would love to use only one log-in to cover all of them. Is this possible and what would it cost.

Thanks in advance for your time.

David Heath

What would be the cost to have Opencart added, we use Opencart for our store, Zendesk for our Support Desk, and Xenforo for our forums. I would love to use only one log-in to cover all of them. Is this possible and what would it cost.

Thanks in advance for your time.

David Heath

As I can see Zendesk already exists. Plugins are ~$50 each.

Yes, I did notice that the main issue for us would be the Opencart members. I need to have all three working in order to use it, and I would love to do that if possible.

Top Bottom