XenForo + Wordpress + aMember Pro

hperkins

Hello,

I am planning a website where I would like to integrate Wordpress, aMember Pro and Xenforo (if it can meet my requirements), and was wondering if anyone had experience in this scenario?

So far aMember Pro has impressed me with its ability to handle Wordpress, but at the moment I am using Vanilla Forums (That is, user login and details both being handled by aMember Pro to present a seamless login experience for the end-user), and while Vanilla is nice, I really am starting to love the feel of Xenforo (just from using this forum).

If anyone could provide me with some experience or advice in this regard I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Henry

We recently launched a WP blog that uses one of my XF sites for comments, you can view it here: http://tsatoday.com

The only WP template modifications was to load the JavaScript file. The linkage to XF is accomplished by a short snippet of HTML that is pasted in at the bottom of a WP article in text mode. The XF thread # that is referenced is used as a unique ID (there can be multiple WP posts on a page) to further modify the JavaScript on the fly & make it functional. Future XF enhancements (after I'm done with the 1.2 upgrade) will involve using JavaScript to remove unnecessary XF page elements and limit what the WP user sees to just the discussion thread and the mandatory branding/privacy disclosures at the bottom (with the ability to open the forum proper in a separate tab/window).

Just XF + WP.

Only registration needed is XF if you prefer to avoid the ads.

Looks like Xenforo was trying to display in an iframe ?

Exactly! What browser were you using? It should have extended the frame to WP's right margin, beyond the column where articles are normally confined. I see the full width of the frame on my laptops. Try it on FireFox 22.x or 23.x if you can; I also used it on Opera (don't recall which version on that lalptop).

I'm waiting for the responsive update to the style, then we'll see how well it can be made to work with 1.2.

I'd like to create a slicker signup process into my paid forum.

At the moment it's very clunky with steps of:
1) Create xenforo registered user
2) Wait for email and click on confirm link
3) Log back into xenforo (? Sometimes ?)
4) Click your username
5) Click account upgrades
6) Select appropriate upgrade package
7) Drop into paypal and make payment
8) Sometimes have to mail me to get me to manually upgrade their account and put them into the correct uuser group (bug or config issue?)

Is there a slicker process in XF? Or do I need to use amember or similar if I want to create a sales page where people enter signup information and then pay and automatically get dropped into their premium forum account?

From this thread, it seems that the amember installation is a pain. Surely there is documentation somewhere now? Or who can I pay to do it?

And are there amember alternatives for what I want to do?

Sorry for all the questions. You'd think this would be simple to do by now...

Last edited:
You can skip step number 2 if you don't want email verification, and skip steps 4+5 by creating a notice that will say "upgrade your account" or something like that (or even a button at the menu).

And number 8 shouldn't really happen, the user should be automatically upgraded.

Top Bottom