Alter Ego Detector

Alter Ego Detector 1.7.8

No permission to download
did you thought of saving the cookies in DB so in case users clear them we can still catch them ? :d

I made a test and created 2 different users from same pc,No thread was created and i set the forum and user ID that will make the post.

XF 1.3 Compatibility:

Not fully compatible

A change in the report centre code causes this add on to cause a server error when reporting a user profile.

There may be other errors!

@Liam W

Just a question, when Alter Ego Detector creates a thread about user being detected, it gets posted "from" the IP of the detected user.

When we look for more users at IP address of the account found by detector, one of them will be the account set to create threads.

Is there any way to change it? This is not the big issues. I am just wondering if I missed an option to change it.

Thanks in advance.

Just an observation and a suggestion but after merging the two alter egos, it still gives the notice except with no name of second user "Blabla is alter ego of ..."

Liam W updated Alter Ego Detector with a new update entry:

1.3 Support

This update provides support for XenForo 1.3.

Please be aware that due to an id overlap, this addon changes the content type of all report database entries that have the content type of user to alterego.

This shouldn't be an issue if you're on <1.3. If you are on XF 1.3, this may be an issue if you have had successful user reports.

If you have had user reports, and they have worked, then you should update the addon then go back to these user reports and change the content_type back to user....

Read the rest of this update entry...

The issue with evercookie is that it is set using JavaScript, and not PHP. There wouldn't be an easy way to set it.

Liam

evercookie can only be set with Flash.
There are classes how to use Flash from PHP to set and read the cookie. However, some ActionScript knowledge may be required.

evercookie can only be set with Flash.
There are classes how to use Flash from PHP to set and read the cookie. However, some ActionScript knowledge may be required.

According to their website, its JavaScript :/

Liam

Top Bottom