Alter Ego Detector

Alter Ego Detector 1.7.8

No permission to download
Hi,
I'm getting this error (on registration I think)
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Undefined class constant 'COOKIE_NAME' - library/LiamW/AlterEgoDetector/ControllerPublic/Register.php:148
It was ok before 1.3.3

Last edited:
A couple of questions:
1. Do detections (via PM, Reports, Thread Post) occur once only for a duplicate ego, or will they continue/repeat for each logon?
2. Is there a method to whitelist/exclude designated users from detection?

How are others action valid account duplications? (Eg. husband/wife, girlfriend/boyfriend, family members - all with the same interests and members on your site, sharing the same PC(s))

Thanks.

Last edited:
A couple of questions:
1. Do detections (via PM, Reports, Thread Post) occur once only for a duplicate ego, or will they continue/repeat for each logon?
2. Is there a method to whitelist/exclude designated users from detection?

How are others action valid account duplications? (Eg. husband/wife, girlfriend/boyfriend, family members - all with the same interests and members on your site, sharing the same PC(s))

Thanks.

From my experience of using this on CycleChat:

1. They will repeat/continue until ...
2. You change the reported user's permissions and "Allow" them to bypass the alter-ego detector (you generally need to do this for both of the accounts).

Cheers,
Shaun :D

These are good examples of why I do not automatically ban duplicate account detections, but rather treat them as "info only". Obviously someone recently banned triggering this needs to be actioned with a sharp pointed stick, but for everything else I usually send them a PM advising their account has been flagged up, see what they say.

I'd love to switch to this particular add-on but I prefer a whitelist in the settings rather than get bogged down with lots of custom permission sets.

I'd love to switch to this particular add-on but I prefer a whitelist in the settings rather than get bogged down with lots of custom permission sets.

TBH I'd prefer something like that too - maybe a tickbox on the user profile page to exempt that user from further checks.

I currently have a long list of custom user permissions that are solely generated by this add-on (because the bypass is done on a permissions basis).

Hint: @Liam W ;)

These are good examples of why I do not automatically ban duplicate account detections, but rather treat them as "info only". Obviously someone recently banned triggering this needs to be actioned with a sharp pointed stick, but for everything else I usually send them a PM advising their account has been flagged up, see what they say.
Agreed, and why I only create a Reports entry for the duplicate notification for manual review and action, if appropriate.

I just created a 'Duplicates Whitelist' usergroup. If creating a Reports entry, then when you open the Report of duplicate ego you have the 'edit' user link right there to then add that user to the whitelist usergroup. I previously used the other duplicate check add-on, and actually prefer this method. I easily and quickly add the user to the usergroup, and also immediately see whom and how many are being whitelist.

Its relatively easy to identify valid account duplications. It can be done automatically as well. In general duplicate accounts will have similar profile field information, email addresses, date of birth, etc. A quick comparison will show which duplicate account is valid or not.

I just created a 'Duplicates Whitelist' usergroup.

That's a good idea, I never thought of doing it that way rather than custom permissions. You're right, this method is just a simple "tick" to add them to the group to exclude and keeps it all nice and neat :)

I just created a 'Duplicates Whitelist' usergroup. If creating a Reports entry, then when you open the Report of duplicate ego you have the 'edit' user link right there to then add that user to the whitelist usergroup. I previously used the other duplicate check add-on, and actually prefer this method. I easily and quickly add the user to the usergroup, and also immediately see whom and how many are being whitelist.

I never even thought of using a usergroup. DOH! :whistle:

Hi,
I'm getting this error (on registration I think)
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Undefined class constant 'COOKIE_NAME' - library/LiamW/AlterEgoDetector/ControllerPublic/Register.php:148
It was ok before 1.3.3

Confirmed.
Users unable to register, add-on disabled until fix released

Code:
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 15:16
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(40) "http://netrider.net.au/register/register"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/register/register"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(37) {
["7b1cf531dab8741444"] => string(0) ""
["username"] => string(6) "Adam C"
["ef5ba531dab8740f86"] => string(0) ""
["26ca4531dab8741773"] => string(6) "<redacted>"
["e3878531dab87410f1"] => string(0) ""
["8a64c531dab8740e3f"] => string(22) "<redacted>"
["99e0a531dab8740abc"] => string(0) ""
["1fc43531dab87418f3"] => string(0) ""
["2fdcf531dab874136a"] => string(0) ""
["email"] => string(22) "<redacted>"
["d8335531dab87411b6"] => string(8) "<redacted>"
["e2bcf531dab8740a41"] => string(8) "<redacted>"
["password"] => string(8) "********"
["password_confirm"] => string(8) "********"
["63b83531dab8741290"] => string(0) ""
["f1e37531dab8740f19"] => string(0) ""
["59750531dab87413a1"] => string(0) ""
["aad5b531dab8740ff6"] => string(0) ""
["fe62b531dab8741334"] => string(0) ""
["2b506531dab8741850"] => string(0) ""
["dob_month"] => int(<redacted>)
["dob_day"] => int(<redacted>)
["dob_year"] => int(<redacted>)
["cb23b531dab87418bd"] => string(4) "male"
["gender"] => string(4) "male"
["custom_fields"] => array(1) {
["state"] => string(3) "<redacted>"
}
["custom_fields_shown"] => array(1) {
[0] => string(5) "state"
}
["timezone"] => string(16) "Australia/Sydney"
["6aea6531dab8741554"] => string(14) "Pacific/Midway"
["db9d8531dab8740d9a"] => string(16) "Australia/Sydney"
["e1127531dab8740d2d"] => string(14) "Pacific/Midway"
["2d661531dab8740e08"] => string(14) "Pacific/Midway"
["recaptcha_challenge_field"] => string(228) "<redacted>"
["recaptcha_response_field"] => string(11) "<redacted>"
["agree"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["reg_key"] => string(32) "<redacted>"
}
}

Sorry for the error all, looks like the find replace didn't work fully.

I'll release a hotfix later this afternoon, o have a club at school first though...

Liam

Top Bottom