1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'All New Content' tab on find-new (new posts)

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Alfa1, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Currently new content can be found in tabs on find new. Each content type has a tab. Some addons have multiple content types. If you have a lot of addons you can easily have 15+ tabs that need to be clicked to discover all new content.

This of course is not intuitive nor effective.

Please add a 'New Content' tab that displays all items that have new content.
    This way users could just browse one stream of new content, without the need to click on a mass of tabs.

I think its very important that such new content stream would have a neat orderly layout, as the diversity of content and its sizes can make the layout chaotic and confusing.
    Bionic Rooster, HWS, NixFifty and 5 others like this.
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

The Recent Activity and Your News Feed pages are essentially what you're requesting.
  3. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

This is essential for any site that takes content seriously. gbatemp hacked this into xenforo 1 and it is great.

Of course IPB does this well.
  4. Digital Doctor

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    maszd likes this.
  5. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Honestly, the XenForo "News Feed" filtered to just inserts actions is basically the same. But having this formalized would be great!
    Alfa1 likes this.
  6. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

The difference lies between unread content and recent actions.

Recent activity shows likes, locations, websites, profile fields, avatars and other actions.

Recent activity shows replies to the same thread.

Recent activity shows the user all recent activity. Basically what is going on on the community.
    New Posts shows the user what content has been posted that they have not yet read. Displayed in a way that avoids duplication. Formatted in a structured layout.
    The purpose of these functions is different.

What I am requesting is an unread content function.
  7. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

In reference to IPS (IPB I don't think allows it but I didn't run it long enough - just for a conversion), they allow custom "streams" to be created.
    This is what you see (at least on my IPS site since I don't have Blogs or Pages active currently).
    Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 1.44.36 PM.png

There was a lot of kicking and screaming where the admins didn't like it (they wanted the old way back), but I do like the fact you can create multiple streams specific to you.
  8. Digital Doctor

9. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it is.. like I said, I only kept it online long enough to do a 3.x->4.x upgrade with. Don't participate in any IPS sites other than their main forum.