XF 2.2 How do you have new posts widget work when thread content permission is no? So you can see thread titles but not content

cdub

One of my forums is mostly private and I have it set so guest can see the titles of the threads but not the actual threads themselves.

Screenshot_20230118-100305.png

The new posts widget doesn't show up for guests. I'd like to make it so that guests can see that there are new posts via the widget but just can't see the content when they click on it.

Is this possible? Otherwise it makes it seem like my private forum is inactive but it really isn't. This is obviously to entice people to register.

One of my forums is mostly private and I have it set so guest can see the titles of the threads but not the actual threads themselves.

View attachment 280189

The new posts widget doesn't show up for guests. I'd like to make it so that guests can see that there are new posts via the widget but just can't see the content when they click on it.

Is this possible? Otherwise it makes it seem like my private forum is inactive but it really isn't. This is obviously to entice people to register.
Did you manage to find a solution to this? I am in exactly the same position and would like a solution.

Top Bottom