Design issue Alerts/Email Notifications Generated When Moderating and Approving Posts

Amaury

While trying to see if I could reproduce this, I noticed that I received an email notification after moderating and then approving an old post that I was using for testing. It makes sense when posts automatically go into the moderation queue and you later approve them, but if you're testing something, for example, and moderate a post that was automatically approved to begin with and then approve it, it doesn't seem to make as much sense to receive an email notification for it.

Email 1.webp

Email 2.webp

Edit: Alerts as well.

Last edited:
Ultimately, this is a design issue. We assume that when content is being approved, it's for the first time. For the most part, this is a reasonable assumption and I don't think I've heard about this causing issues in production. There is potentially some tracking that we could add to detect if a post was visible at any point, but given that we haven't heard of this being problematic in production, I don't think it's currently something we'll plan to handle.

Production meaning on a live site. And, in this case, a "legitimate" occurrence, compared to triggered while doing tests (which trigger patterns that are unlikely to happen in real use).

Top Bottom