Alert Improvements by Xon

Alert Improvements by Xon 2.10.13

No permission to download
Hey @Xon - it would appear at some point in this flurry of upgrades and between upgrading to 2.2.2 (sorry, I can't entirely pinpoint which was the exact cause), alerts are 'sticking' when clicking on the bell icon and/or viewing the alerts page directly. This occurs regardless of which way the settings are defined in the user preferences (Alerts pop-up skips mark read, Alerts page skips mark read).

It seems like both of these settings are being ignored/forced on. Any thoughts?

Hi @Xon

Just updated to the latest version from 2.8.9 and I am getting this error.

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Macro public:svAlertsImprov_macros:alert_row is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:632

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/var/www/html/v...', 632, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(632): trigger_error('Macro public:sv...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(745): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateMacro('public', 'svAlertsImprov_...', 'alert_row')
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s3/public/svAlertImprov_account_alerts_popup.php(43): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('svAlertsImprov_...', 'alert_row', Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1626): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#5 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('svAlertImprov_a...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(84): XF\Template\Template->render()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(68): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderHtmlFallback('XF:Account\\Aler...', 'public:svAlertI...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderView('XF:Account\\Aler...', 'public:svAlertI...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'json')
#12 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#14 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#15 {main}

Need your help please.

Do you have any custom changes to svAlertsImprov_macros blocking updates to it? If so you either need to merge the outdated template or revert it.

Hi @Xon

I have uninstalled the old one and installed the new version from scratch but still seeing the same problem. I am not seeing any templates related to the name 'svAlertsImprov_macros'. These are the templates I am seeing:

1610613395507.webp

It should be svAlertImprov_macros (it was previously named svAlertsImprov_macros, but was renamed). This feels like possible an out-of-date template of perhaps a 3rd party add-on referencing old code.

Does this keep repeating after you uninstalled & re-installed?

@Xon There is a problem like this with the plugin? When I click the notification icon, I want the notifications marked as read? If a notification is about reaction, it mark as read when the icon is clicked. But the quote does not mark the notification as read without reading it or click read mark.

Can you add this as a new option? Mark all notifications read when the icon is clicked

@Xon There is a problem like this with the plugin? When I click the notification icon, I want the notifications marked as read? If a notification is about reaction, it mark as read when the icon is clicked. But the quote does not mark the notification as read without reading it or click read mark.

Can you add this as a new option? Mark all notifications read when the icon is clicked
There is an option for this already, but it isn't functioning anymore as of the latest release.

My members are noting the same issue. Obviously a bug with the most recent release.

Edit: Never mind, had the same problem as @noxa above, but didn't notice the change from svAlertsImprov_macros -> svAlertImprov_macros. Took out the "s" and problem solved. Cheers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom